Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E05: Force Majeure

• Start Topic

As a typhoon rocks the Bering Sea, the Summer Bay suffers a collision. Sig gambles all his pots in one spot, while Casey takes a scientific approach to finding the elusive Bairdi crab. John and Josh rush a pit stop to get the Time Bandit back in the hunt.

Did no one watch this?

Still waiting and sad over Nick.

I liked this episode, minus Josh's face. Keith and what's his face wasn't in it at all. Keith grates in my damn nerves, so it was nice to not have him pumping and making his noises and being an a hole. Same with Jake, there I remembered, it was nice not having him all getting bent and screaming.

My favorite scene was Bill chilling and eating watching Harley and then saying how neither of the crews were ready in case something happened.

• Love 3
On 5/19/2021 at 8:02 PM, toodywoody said:

Still waiting and sad over Nick.

I know. I keep seeing him and thinking that he looks so happy and healthy. Bill was broken up over the Mahlon's death. I can't imagine how he's going to feel when he hears about Nick. I almost feel ghoulish watching and knowing what's coming. It's feel so different knowing that this is a real person instead of a character in a book that I know doesn't make it.

• Love 1

I know it's fake, but didja notice who was leading on the tote board?  None other than Jake A.!  I guess it took a typhoon for that to happen.  ;)

I don't remember an early Bairdi season ep where most everyone was on the crab as they were shown in this one.  

Any chance Sig would have taken the cash out of his daughter's hands if her hubby had missed?  Nah.

So we had a typhoon raging and there was no draaaaama for neither the Summer Bay nor the Harley boat getting into St. Paul harbor?   Docking was dicey, but how many times have we been breathlessly told that entering the harbor was sooooo dangerous in weather?!

It is weird to me that Disco did not make a bigger deal out of the hydraulic line busting on the TB.  There was the ho-hum phone call with McManus, but nothing specific about the severity of the malfunction.  I note that Jake was nowhere near the problem area.  A regular old salt, he is.

We're about due for the annual obfuscations about the ice floes, which have been blessedly minimal the past few years.  Global warming for the win!