Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Paper and Stone

• Start Topic

So far JD's character is an insufferable prig both in the past and the present. No wonder his kids are so messed up.  And common sense should always come before some rigid  Code.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

I didn't realize that fake Blackstar killed 3 of the heroes and that still doesn't merit the use of lethal force.

I mean, some people might have the principle that lethal force would NEVER be justified, even if Blackstar threatened to take out the entire state by going nuclear. Principles are principles.

I think most people would realize, though, that principles that inflexible are just not going to be workable.

It seems that Utopian has been operating since roughly the 30s, so for him to have never encountered circumstances that challenged that principle suggests to me that he was either extremely lucky, extremely naive or extremely black-and-white. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

It seems that Utopian has been operating since roughly the 30s, so for him to have never encountered circumstances that challenged that principle suggests to me that he was either extremely lucky, extremely naive or extremely black-and-white. 

Or he’s that inflexible because he has encountered circumstances that challenged the principle and it went very badly. 

Still liking the central conflict between principles and reality. Not really liking the “Hero Island” tease at the end. Super heroes are interesting as more powerful representations of ourselves, dealing with mortality, aging, succession and morality. The Boys touch on that. The island seems likely to be fantasy fluff.