Type keyword(s) to search

Bedrock - General Discussion

Twilight Man
  • Start Topic

In the late 70s and early 80s, they gave us a teenage Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm,

which eventually led to "I Yabba Dabba Doo".

Just pointing that out for the people "complaining" about "ruining" a franchise that has seen

everything from aforementioned teenagers, little kid versions of Fred and Barney,

and even Fred and Barney meeting the WWE wrestlers.     Ahem..............

Bedrock will catch up with the Flintstones two decades after the classic cartoon was set, with Fred on the brink of retirement and twentysomething Pebbles embarking on her own career. “As the Stone Age gives way to a shiny and enlightened new Bronze Age, the residents of Bedrock will find this evolution harder than a swing from Bamm-Bamm’s club,”

Elizabeth Banks will voice the now adult Pebbles (as well as serve as producer of the animated series).

Elizabeth Banks has consistently shoveled shit and labeled it as entertainment for years now, so... I'm deeply skeptical. 

Fred as a Stone Age, err (duh) Bronze Age version of a "Boomer"?  Sounds bad. 

• Love 1

Fox's Adult The Flintstones Sequel, Bedrock, Casts Fred, Wilma and Others

This animated show is set when Pebbles and  Bamm-Bamm are 20somethings and Fred is ready to retire.

Stephen Root as the voice of Fred

Amy Sedaris as the voice of Wilma

Nicole Byer as the voice of Betty

Joe Lo Trulio as the voice of Barney

Elizabeth Banks as the voice of Pebbles

Manny Jacinto as the voice of Bamm-Bamm

No mention of Dino, how long do Brontosaurus live (a great joke would be that Dino was a little baby and is now over 80 feet long and 40 feet high)

I'm starting to think Seth Macfarlane's version of the show should have gone forward after all.

Elizabeth Banks may have salvaged herself somewhat with Cocaine Bear, but I do not have high hopes for this.  Velma was enough of a travesty to an IP and I really don't want to see the Flintstones go down the same path.

On 3/10/2023 at 1:42 PM, AnimeMania said:

No mention of Dino, how long do Brontosaurus live (a great joke would be that Dino was a little baby and is now over 80 feet long and 40 feet high)

Actually this is interesting.  Even in the 1970s Pebbles & Bamm Bamm show, Hoppy (the Rubble's pet Hopperoo) vanished with out explanation, but they had a replacement pet in the form of Gronk.  The Flintstones still had Dino but also added Wooly, a mini mammoth.  IIRC however, Dino was a "snorkasaurus" (and initially was a very Phil Silvers type of fellow!) not a brontosaurus.