Type keyword(s) to search

S28.E23: Octavia Spencer, Melissa McCarthy, David Schwimmer, Nick Mohammed, Frank Skinner, Michelle Visage, Steps

• Start Topic

Joining Graham tonight: Hollywood greats Octavia Spencer and Melissa McCarthy, together in superhero comedy Thunder Force; the co-stars of spy series Intelligence, David Schwimmer and Nick Mohammed; top comic Frank Skinner; and singer and star of RuPaul's Drag Race Michelle Visage, who chats and is joined by Steps to perform Heartbreak in This City.

• Love 2

David Schwimmer used to be kind of a pill in interviews, and it was nice to see he's relaxed since then.

Melissa McCarthy and Octavia Spencer's movie got a terrible review in the NYT, and from that clip, it seems pretty accurate. In person, McCarthy is so delightful. As is Spencer.

Steps and Michelle Visage was more like what the music guests used to be, heh.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Melissa McCarthy and Octavia Spencer's movie got a terrible review in the NYT, and from that clip, it seems pretty accurate. In person, McCarthy is so delightful. As is Spencer.

Spencer sold me on watching the movie, especially since I like her as an actress. It wasn't great, it wasn't horrible. I think the two actresses temper each other so Octavia isn't too serious and McCarthy isn't her runaway train over-the-top typical self. Light entertainment. If they make a sequel, and I'm sure they will, I'll probably watch it. Not my usual fare, either.

• Love 1