Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Flirting

• Start Topic

(edited)

With Gary's encouragement, Kenan agrees to get back into the dating world slowly through flirting; Rick takes Aubrey and Birdie for a spa day and can't help but join in.

Original air date: 3/16/21

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

I liked that Kenan was shown being comfortable flirting when he knew it wasn't going to lead anywhere, but as soon as it was time to actually ask someone out he was not great. I mean, some of that was due to Mika giving him bad information but still. Baby steps, Kenan. It's okay to just dip your toe in!

And of course Don Johnson loves getting pedicures.

• Love 5

I like how the girls are, and I'm surprised because I was not expecting to. I think I like it because it reflects Kenan's parenting style, which I also like. He sets boundaries with them, but he's also fun, and he treats them with respect and intelligence, but in an age-appropriate way. A lot of TV shows parenting as a battle of wills...or it frames things as "heroic parent protects their young"...Or the kids are absurdly precocious while the parents are fuck ups. This is much more middle of the road. He's open with them, encourages them to deal with their feelings about their mom, doesn't overly hover or terrifyingly neglect. It's just... functional. 

• Love 4

I don't see the chemistry with Kenan and Mika, unfortunately.

Something that has been bugging me is, why is Kenan always pouring drinks in his dressing room. Isn't it a morning show?

Don Johnson and the girls were sweet. The spa storyline was an unexpected delight. 

• Love 3