Type keyword(s) to search

Design Star: Next Gen - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Yikes!  I thought that this was a new show.  I had no idea it had been on Discovery+ earlier this year.  I started reading the comments without looking at the dates and started wondering how I missed an episode when the series just started.  

• Love 1
On 9/12/2021 at 6:55 PM, TimetoShine said:

Really sad to hear Candace’s husband was killed on 8/26. His motorcycle was hit by a drunk driver. 

Damn, that is terrible! I am glad she won Design Star, I saw her own show and I was not impressed with the living room but I do like the bedroom, that was nice

Edited by DVDFreaker

Who didn't see this one coming?

Sorry, but Carmeon's "Ghana" room was bland and boring! Tan and black. Wow. The wall fabric color looked washed out; the platform steps right at the entry were odd; the two chairs on either side of a small table looked like a waiting room. 

But Eli got criticized for his palette. Too "80s." 🤔

Eli's architectural element of a bedloft was much more impressive than a platform. 

One major mistake (IMO) Eli made that the judges not only didn't comment on but made into a plus was his placement of the dining and living "zones." He put the table and chairs at the entry, with the couch across from the cooking area! These should have been reversed, but the judges only said that being under the bedloft made the living area "cozy." Weird.

Oh, well. My favorite was the older Southern guy. He designed with panache!

• Love 1
On 9/12/2021 at 6:55 PM, TimetoShine said:

Really sad to hear Candace’s husband was killed on 8/26. His motorcycle was hit by a drunk driver. 

Carmeon, not Candace.

It is so sad to watch her new show "Redo my Rental" because he is in every episode.

Never lived in a rental where they would have encouraged this type of changes though.

Have any of you seen the show (I think it's on Magnolia) that is basically just Carmeon's show copied?  I think it is called Rental Redo or something and it is the same premise, the host looks almost like Carmeon, and I feel like it is just a huge rip-off.  If Carmeon wasn't in the right place to come back and do her show why not just replace her with a new host instead of rearranging the title and copying the same format?

• Useful 1