Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: Teenage Love

jewel21
  • Start Topic

With everything that has been going on, Spencer needs some alone time to clear his head and decides to go to the family cabin, but he gets a surprise visit from his friends. Grateful for the support, everyone seems to be having fun, until secrets come out leaving some of the couples out of sorts with each other. Coop is still reeling from everything Spencer said and with the urging of Patience, heads out to the cabin to confront Spencer. Meanwhile, Billy shows up to the house to do a few repairs, but when things go awry, Billy and Laura, work together to fix the problem.

Airdate: 02/22/2021

• Love 1

Wow, I don't know if the message during the awkward car ride home could have been more heavy-handed.  Corey's voice intoning (paraphrased) "Don't stay with someone too long just to spare their feelings" while Spencer looks at Layla.  That was about as subtle as a sledgehammer!  But luckily they didn't end on that like I thought they were from looking at the clock.  Layla is no fool, and now we will finally get to see what happened in Vegas.  It's not like Layla would be happy with Spencer and Olivia in any case of course, but she's going to be extra-pissed over Spencer getting back together with her after whatever went down, apparently using her as some sort of "safe choice" because he was confused or scared about Olivia.  That is not cool.  I'm sure that even after this comes out, Spencer and Olivia won't be together and there will be angst all around.  They'll talk about staying apart to avoid hurting people even though that's already done and people will be mad at them anyway.

Does Olivia have to ride back with Asher, J.J. and Vanessa?  I didn't count the number of cars that pulled up, but that would be mega-awkward and they didn't show any of it.  Vanessa is rather annoying.  I'm sure Asher is capable of standing up for himself without her prompting when they aren't even dating.  They spent far too much time on Jordan and Simone, as if they will really be a long-term couple.  Jordan didn't know about Simone playing tennis so

Spoiler

he must not have read the press release about her spinoff.  😀

I'm sad about Spencer and Coop, but a separation is probably necessary right now, and I'm glad that she got to have her say and make some good points.  I wonder what will happen with her with Patience being away too, given that they showed her suitcases at the end when Coop was crying.

• Love 1

In my view, this was a really good interview. Extremely awkward and intense around the campfire area.

I actually think spencer didn't cheat with olivia, I think that he saw olivia drinking in vegas without him knowing she would be there and instead tried to comfort her and steer her away from that use (even though she has still been doing it)

But it sure seems like cheating could've taken place from the way things are going and how they portray it.

I feel bad for coop, she needs her girlfriend but it seems she is going on tour, you see the suitcases which must represent this.

Billy was great, fixing and then thinking his woman was going on a date was funny. Billy is my favourite.

Overall great episode, can't wait for the next one. Love it.

• Love 1

You know how you get to know things about someone you didn’t know before?  YOU TALK TO EACH OTHER.  God.  They were acting like every single thing they didn’t know was a giant secret.

Vanessa can get gone any time now.  She can also take Droopy Dawg Asher with her.

Billy and Laura just need to get back together already.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 2/23/2021 at 5:59 AM, Palm said:

Billy was great, fixing and then thinking his woman was going on a date was funny. Billy is my favourite.

Overall great episode, can't wait for the next one. Love it.

“Isolated Location” eps work when the writing is good. And this one did. I agree with KWalkerInc that some of the images and metaphors were heavy-handed, but I give those the “Teen Show” hand-wave. 

On 2/23/2021 at 7:33 PM, mojoween said:

You know how you get to know things about someone you didn’t know before?  YOU TALK TO EACH OTHER.  God.  They were acting like every single thing they didn’t know was a giant secret.

Vanessa can get gone any time now.  She can also take Droopy Dawg Asher with her.

Billy and Laura just need to get back together already.

LOL. When did Asher turn into such a sad-sack? I agree that he’s had a few rough years, but he also made some bad choices and simply has to live with the consequences of those for a while. 

And I agree 100% about Billy and Laura. They obviously still care about each other, and Laura doesn’t seem to be repulsed by Billy’s presence. Go back to marriage counseling and work it out. 

• Love 1