Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: Sixth Toe Surprise

Troy's extra toe causes him pain, and he hopes Dr. Ebonie can provide him with relief; Dr. Brad does his best to untangle a ballet dancer's twisted feet; Ramon turns to Dr. Ebonie for help with the sacks of fluid hanging from his leg and ankle.

Airs 2/22

Footnotes comments can go here, too.

Is Troy a little person or has he just not hit is growth spurt yet?  That wishbone thing was just weird!  Will his 5th toe straighten out now that it isn't being pushed by the 6th?  These are questions I want to know the answer to!

The dancer's feet were so sad.  I knew that dancers' feet were bad but was her case particularly bad because of her longer 2nd toe?  I wonder if she has had her other foot done yet?

The guy with the lymphodemia (sorry if I misspelled that) - I guess I didn't realize that it persisted even after weight loss...I hope the massaging wrap helps it continue to subside and that can eventually get skin removal surgery on his legs.

• Love 1

It appeared to me, and I am not a doctor nor do I play one on tv, that Troy has some kind of condition like the actor who played Bric on The Middle. Not a little person exactly, but certain body features. They never referred to any medical diagnosis on that show, other than Bric's numerous tics. So this mom probably made the same decision: I'm here to fix this specific problem with his foot, not make him a teaching tool for us here in the interwebs. Good for her!  Felt terrible for the dancer, and was glad to see her happy, but I was surprised that there was no further mention that her other foot also needed repair too...the way Dr. Brad said goodbye, it was as if he was never going to see her again. She has another troubled foot, Doc! Lymphedema Guy, oh lort, how horrible. I hope that machine works and I would like to see a follow-up with him to see those results. You lose all this weight and then you still carry around 50 lbs of fluid strapped to your leg. I just can't imagine. 

• Love 2

He may also have cerebral palsy. The cameraman seemed to emphasize that Troy walks on his toes rather than flat footed. Toe walking can be a sign of cerebral palsy. I also didn’t get why they were doing surgery. If the problem was getting wider shoes, that’s easy to do in this Internet age. Having six toes on one foot would intrigue girls, particularly since otherwise he’s a short king.