Type keyword(s) to search

S28.E17: Daniel Kaluuya, Sienna Miller, Marcus Brigstocke, Rachel Parris, Mayim Bialik, Arlo Parks

• Start Topic

Joining Graham tonight: Oscar-nominated Get Out star Daniel Kaluuya, in crime biopic Judas and the Black Messiah; Hollywood star Sienna Miller, talking about her surreal drama Wander Darkly; Hustle star Adrian Lester, promoting the live-streaming new play Hymn; actor Mayim Bialik (Blossom, The Big Bang Theory) starring in new Miranda-based sitcom Call Me Kat; and top comics (and husband and wife) Marcus Brigstocke and Rachel Parris. With music from British singer-songwriter Arlo Parks, who performs her current single Caroline.

I got a chuckle when Graham was talking to Daniel Kaluuya and said he (Graham) didn't know about the part of Black Panther history in Kaluuya's movie. I doubt there are many Americans who know about the civil rights struggles in Britain.

Graham's reaction to Adrian Lester body-popping was so funny.

The lip-synching was hilarious. And I love that Brigstocke and Parris had most of those props in their house! "Chad Todd" and "Buck Warcrimes." Hee.

Arlo Parks was fantastic. Graham has had a really good run of musicians this season.

I've noticed something and maybe it's just confirmation bias so I wanted to ask if anyone else has noticed this. 

Recently, I've noticed that there seems to be at least one swipe/insult at the US every other episode or so.  I don't recall that happening much in the past and I wonder if it's because none of the in-studio guests are Americans these days so guests feel freer to just let the insults go whereas they might have held their tongue.

Or maybe they always did it and I just happen to notice because I have my random theory.

8 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Recently, I've noticed that there seems to be at least one swipe/insult at the US every other episode or so.  I don't recall that happening much in the past and I wonder if it's because none of the in-studio guests are Americans these days so guests feel freer to just let the insults go whereas they might have held their tongue.

I think most of this was election-based. 

1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

I think most of this was election-based. 

I think some Corona stuff too.  And the aftermath of the election.  I am not insulted.  It was just something I picked up on.  But like I said, it could just be confirmation bias.