Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: 354

ohjoy
  • Start Topic

After an urgent call from Bellmore concerning the growing COVID-19 pandemic, Aaron enlists Safiya’s help and heads back to the prison to investigate. Meanwhile, Marie must decide between exposing her family to the virus or go all-in at the hospital .

Originally aired: Jan. 27, 2021

Why do so many shows feel the need to write COVID in? I get that it is dramatic, but we have all been dealing with it in real life for almost a year. I want escapism on TV. Hopefully this was the only episode that will really be that focused on it.

Also, I swear I remember Aaron moving back in at the end of the last episode. I guess I just read too much into him and the wife talking?

• Love 1

I loved it. From the young grandmother going off to the frontlines to the real discussion of how to protect those in prison conditions. I wonder if there were the unseen union worried about permanent changes to the system

For escapism I watch S.W.A.T.

• Love 1
On 1/28/2021 at 3:49 PM, KaveDweller said:

Why do so many shows feel the need to write COVID in? I get that it is dramatic, but we have all been dealing with it in real life for almost a year. I want escapism on TV. Hopefully this was the only episode that will really be that focused on it.

I’m so torn on this.  I watch General Hospital and Covid hasn’t been written in at all, so it leads to a lot of awkwardness with the actors (hugs instead of kissing, really weird camera angles to keep people distant, etc.).  But then again on this show and 9-1-1 it’s also kind of annoying with all the putting on and removing masks, protocols being followed half-assed because they can’t wear masks and act the entire episode, and so forth.  I’m not sure which is worse.