Type keyword(s) to search

S28.E12: David Mitchell, Robert Webb, Regina King, Anya Taylor-Joy Olly Alexander, Mel Giedroyc, Jimmy Fallon, Yungblud

• Start Topic

Among the guests joining Graham: Peep Show duo David Mitchell and Robert Webb, back together for a new series of Back; Oscar winner Regina King, making her directing debut with One Night in Miami; actor Anya Taylor-Joy, starring in the hit chess drama The Queen's Gambit; singer Olly Alexander, starring in the new Russell T Davies series It's a Sin; comedian Mel Giedroyc, promoting new panel show Unforgivable; and US comedian Jimmy Fallon, host of The Tonight Show. Plus music from singer-songwriter Yungblud, who performs the single Cotton Candy. 

Ugh, Jimmy Fallon. His Prince story was cool, but Fallon is such a punk-ass bitch.

Mel Giedroyc was very funny ("I was working as a waitress—not in a cocktail bar" hee), and I loved how Olly Alexander was so thrilled about his encounter with Rhiannon. 

I had no idea Anya Taylor-Joy was Argentine. LOL that she thought not learning English would persuade her parents to move back to Argentina.

It was kind of a whiplash moment when Regina King said the US had a ways to go with race relations and Graham segued her out. It's too bad that couldn't have been more graceful.

On 1/18/2021 at 4:44 PM, dubbel zout said:

It was kind of a whiplash moment when Regina King said the US had a ways to go with race relations and Graham segued her out. It's too bad that couldn't have been more graceful.

It wasn't graceful but it did the trick.  Graham kmows his show and its audience. TGNS is definitely not the place to discuss a foreign country's problems.