Type keyword(s) to search

Alvin Olinsky: A Man Who'd Never Let You Take the Ride For Him

• Start Topic

Amidst a large group of close-mouthed detectives who guard their privacy closely, Olinsky is no exception. He and Voight go back a long way, and when either man is at risk, it's clear they have one another's backs without question.

We don't yet know what happened between Olinsky and his wife, but we do know he loves his teenage daughter enough to covert a garage into an apartment just to remain a daily part of Lexi's life. He's a man who isn't afraid to do whatever it takes to fight evil, as when he took out the suspect at Navy Pier; but he also reminds his daughter about what it takes to be a good man, as when she defended her choice to hold drugs for her boyfriend.

Although they have their ups and downs, one thing is for certain - the relationship between Olinsky and his protegee Ruzek is never dull! In time, it seems, Ruzek may become a kind of surrogate son for the older man, much along the lines of Voight and Lindsay.

What do you like best or least about Olinsky? What do you think will happen to him in upcoming episodes?

• Love 1

I'm new to the show but have now binge watched the entire series, and I have a question about Al.  Whatever happened to his daughters?  Specifically, the last time we saw him on a personal level, he and Michelle moved in with Ruzek.  Since then - nothing.  Does he still live with Ruzek?  Is he still Michelle's guardian and lives with her?  Can we say "dropped storyline" five times fast?

On 2/22/2017 at 2:51 PM, FnkyChkn34 said:

I'm new to the show but have now binge watched the entire series, and I have a question about Al.  Whatever happened to his daughters?  Specifically, the last time we saw him on a personal level, he and Michelle moved in with Ruzek.  Since then - nothing.  Does he still live with Ruzek?  Is he still Michelle's guardian and lives with her?  Can we say "dropped storyline" five times fast?

Well one of his daughters was in the last episode . She has a Boyfriend I believe