Type keyword(s) to search

The Guest Stars Strike Back: The Mandalorian Spinoffs

• Start Topic

Ahsoka, Boba Fett, Fennec, Bo-Katan, Cara Dune, hell, why not Moff Gideon? "Better Call Moff" anyone?

All jokes aside, Disney is clearly using The Mandalorian as a springboard for more Star Wars fodder content. Here's a spot to talk about all the possibilities, the news, and what you'd like to see!

• Love 3

I don't mind all the spin-offs. Between the time that Season 1 of "The Mandalorian" ended and Season 2 began, I hardly watched anything on Disney+. I am sure many people cancelled their subscriptions and renewed them later. If only Disney+ had some new content coming down the pipeline, I am sure that wouldn't have happened.

I'm excited for the Ahsoka show because she's such a great character. I'm only excited for the Boba show because of Ming Na Wen. I'm here for them showing a 50+ year old woman can still be a badass.

Don't know what the Rangers of the New Republic is about so I'll need more info on that. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

I don't mind all the spin-offs. Between the time that Season 1 of "The Mandalorian" ended and Season 2 began, I hardly watched anything on Disney+. I am sure many people cancelled their subscriptions and renewed them later. If only Disney+ had some new content coming down the pipeline, I am sure that wouldn't have happened.

I have to admit - not me. 😉  I had only seen a handful of Marvel movies; now I've seen them all and am obsessed with Baby Groot nearly as much as Baby Yoda.  I also relived my childhood and watched some of the classic animated Disney movies, plus ones that I had never seen before because I stopped watching animated movies for 20+ years.  The Emperor's New Groove? Frozen? Cars?  All perfectly suitable for adults.  🤣 

That said, I'm not sure I'm super interested in the Star Wars spinoff stuff.  As I've mentioned here before, I've never seen Clone Wars or Rebels so I don't know who these characters are.  I really only care about Din and Grogu.  I would like to see the baby.

1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Oh cool, I didn't even know she would be in The Bad Batch

This is really dumb...Boba was the clone equivalent of a pre-teen during the Clone Wars...Fennec is already several years older than him at that time. Unless she got frozen in carbonite for a while, no way she looks that much younger than Boba - Sarlacc digestive enzymes and accelerated clone aging acknowledged. 

35 minutes ago, paigow said:

This is really dumb...Boba was the clone equivalent of a pre-teen during the Clone Wars...Fennec is already several years older than him at that time. Unless she got frozen in carbonite for a while, no way she looks that much younger than Boba - Sarlacc digestive enzymes and accelerated clone aging acknowledged. 

Only if you ignore Ming-Na Wen’s amazing genetics. Temuera Morrison is only 2 years older than Ming-Na Wen. If you apply her actual age to the Star Wars timeline Fennec would be 29 when the Clone Wars ended. She could be playing a decade younger than her real age and still be around as an adult during The Bad Batch.