Type keyword(s) to search

S28.E09: Stephen Fry, Amanda Seyfried, Michael J Fox, Nina Sosanya, Jamie Oliver, Dolly Parton

• Start Topic

Among the guests joining Graham tonight: actor and writer Stephen Fry, promoting Troy, his latest reworking of the Greek myths; Mamma Mia star Amanda Seyfried, in new David Fincher film Mank; top TV chef Jamie Oliver, whose 7 Ways breathes new life into staple ingredients; Back to the Future star and Parkinson's disease activist Michael J Fox, discussing his memoir No Time Like the Future: An Optimist Considers Mortality; comedian Tom Allen, talking about his memoir No Shame, and actor Nina Sosanya (W1A, Killing Eve) in Christmas drama Roald & Beatrix: The Tail of the Curious Mouse. Also, a special appearance by Dolly Parton, who performs I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus.

I just watched Nina Sosanya in Red Joan, a movie about a woman who was unmasked as a spy when she was in her 80s. She pops up in a lot of British movies and TV shows.

I also just watched Mank, which I thought had some problems, but Amanda Seyfried and all the actors were excellent. The black-and-white photography is gorgeous.

Dolly Parton is an international treasure.

• Love 3

Michael J Fox has been doing a lot of Zoom appearances to promote his book.  His difficulty speaking is always compounded by his horrible internet connection. I would love to hear everything he has to say, but watching makes me sad. 

• Love 2