Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E03: Welcome to Couples Therapy

jewel21
  • Start Topic

I enjoyed this episode much more than last week's episode. I'm so happy the election stuff is over. 

I'm with Dave. I hate being late and I especially hate missing previews and not being able to pee before a movie, heh. I also felt for that poor man who was stuck sitting behind them. I would have gotten up and moved. 

Calvin trying to seduce Tina made me laugh. 

• Love 4

Interesting twist on therapy. Most TV shows portray therapists as long-suffering saviors. This one took two happy couples and gave them a therapist who was making them miserable. The actress played a therapist on another show (the one where she was also wife to Ken Jeong; I can't remember the name of the show). I hope she gets to do something else with her career besides be a sitcom therapist!

I liked seeing Dave and Calvin be vigorously agreeing on something for a minute. I'm really appreciating that they've taken the conflict down a notch so far this season. I'm weary of conflict, generally. I get that some is part of life, but I'm overdosed, so glad the show is not leaning quite so hard into that dynamic.

I like Marty and Malcolm. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, jewel21 said:

I enjoyed this episode much more than last week's episode. I'm so happy the election stuff is over. 

I'm with Dave. I hate being late and I especially hate missing previews and not being able to pee before a movie, heh. I also felt for that poor man who was stuck sitting behind them. I would have gotten up and moved. 

Calvin trying to seduce Tina made me laugh. 

I can't stand lateness; I find it rude. Like, put your shoes on and let's go, Gemma, damn. Also if her lateness is such a problem that Dave tells her fake flight times, that's just enabling. Let her miss the flight. And I 100% would have gotten up and moved away from them - I laughed at "Maybe you should give her the silent treatment."

9 hours ago, possibilities said:

I like Marty and Malcolm. 

Me too. Malcolm teases Marty, as does the rest of the family but there's never been any question that he loves him (as does the rest of the family). They seem to have a really nice relationship, actually.

• Love 4