Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E19: Dianela & Jose

GaT

Dianela fled her home in Venezuela excited to start a new life with José, a man she's been in a relationship with for 4 years but still has never met. Nev and Kamie tackle this telenovela mystery to get Dianela the answers she deserves.

Original Airdate 10/07/20

Edited by GaT
  • Love 1

This was a really good episode. When I first saw Jose's real photos I couldn't think of any reason why he wouldn't use real photos of himself, but once he explained it, I totally understood. That's why I was so mad when he let her go on a bus 10 hours to go to a town where he wasn't.  After listening to his speech at the end I really thought they were going to end up together.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, GaT said:

This was a really good episode. When I first saw Jose's real photos I couldn't think of any reason why he wouldn't use real photos of himself, but once he explained it, I totally understood. That's why I was so mad when he let her go on a bus 10 hours to go to a town where he wasn't.  After listening to his speech at the end I really thought they were going to end up together.

He took advantage of a young naive girl and I had a hard time buying his excuses for sending her to a town 10 hours away and then being mean to her so many times. I felt badly for her and it illustrates how much differently men and women process personal relationships. She fell in love with someone she never met or saw...she was intellectually and emotionally very involved. He wasn't but had to know she was falling hard...he took advantage of her emotional infatuation for some sort of personal agenda or cruel intention. Her seemed decent enough when Neve was talking to him and genuinely remorseful for allowing her to travel under dangerous circumstances to meet him. But alas, he only called her once and did not contact her again. Hopefully she has learned a valuble lesson and will not engage in anymore online relationships for some time. I wish her all the best in her new life here in the United States.

• Love 2
On 10/8/2020 at 3:01 AM, GaT said:

After listening to his speech at the end I really thought they were going to end up together.

On 10/8/2020 at 2:07 PM, BrownBear2012 said:

I felt badly for her and it illustrates how much differently men and women process personal relationships. She fell in love with someone she never met or saw...she was intellectually and emotionally very involved. He wasn't but had to know she was falling hard...

I did too...but he simply didn't feel about her the way she did about him.  He told her that time and time again, in different ways.  Sure he had some reasons/explanations/excuses, and he may have been sincere when he was talking to Nev and then to all of them, but it boils down to if he had wanted to make something of their relationship, he would have.

• Love 3

I very rarely feel sympathy for anyone who falls for a catfish by now, but I absolutely felt bad for Dianela. She's very young and näive. She grew up in a dangerous country and had a lot to deal with, and just succumbed to this guy as an escape. All those red flags and obvious catfishing techniques usually make me wonder why anyone would still believe anyone who makes excuses to avoid meeting or video chatting, but Dianela just seemed so innocent here. It's appalling that he allowed her to go on that dangerous bus ride. I, too, thought that maybe he was sincere at the end, but no. Dianela, you're in America with your dad, make a good life for yourself!

• Love 2