Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: Things Have Changed

paulvdb
  • Start Topic

Jax and Xander, now both working for the Earth Confederacy Intelligence Services, attempt to track down the fugitive Tierney and discover she is searching for a destructive weapon that can potentially destroy the entire Universe. Meanwhile, Jax comes face-to-face with a woman she never expected to see again: her mother, Eve.

Airdate: October 4, 2020.

I did love how the episode ended on a cliffhanger (oh no! whats-his-name lost in space with air running out!) followed IMMEDIATELY by scenes from upcoming episodes with whats-his-name hanging around, completely not dead. I have a good feeling about this season!...being fundamentally the same as last season. 

• LOL 2

This show reminds me of what I didn't like about that old USA show, Covert Affairs - namely, the main character (Annie, Jax) is entitled and incompetent and usually has to be rescued by others, but she's such a special snowflake that she keeps getting promoted and assigned to special missions.

I'm sorry that they got rid of Atria, Delaney and Thomas because I thought that those characters were more interesting than Jax and Xander last season. But maybe that will change later this season.

Greg suddenly turned up alive at the end of last season. Yet in the six months that have elapsed since then, Jax hasn't had one conversation with him? Instead, she's apparently now in an inappropriate romantic relationship with her commanding officer, Xander.

I really want to like this show, but the writing is terrible. The dialogue is often awkward. Even the music choices are odd. But I think the actors are trying their best.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Per the episode description, at what point did Jax come face-to-face with her mother.  That's right, she didn't.  Xander did.

Who among the viewers was asking for Jet to come back ?  That would be no one. 
And what happened to the tech that was on Jet's face in Season 1 ?

Was Zazie in Season 1 ?  Because I don't remember her at all. And per IMDB, the actress that plays her wasn't in Season 1.

Am I the only one that thinks that Harland Freed put a bug in that model ship he gave to Admiral Lucas ?

Why didn't Xander grab the box with the other glowing cylinders/weapons ? 
And was the box full of glowing cylinders/weapons dissolved by the broken cylinder ? 
Or did they just add their dissolving power to the broken weapon ?

Jax has some weird dreams.  They made it appear that Xander shot Jax, but I suspect there was something else in her dream that he was shooting at.

Glad that Matta has a bigger role this season.

• Love 1