Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Sierra Hotel

• Start Topic

It’s 1959 and Russia is winning the space race. In order to compete, The United States forms NASA and chooses to recruit the nations best test pilots to form what will become the Mercury Astronauts. Among these test pilots are the golden boy John Glenn, the reckless Alan Shepard, and Gordo Cooper, whose broken marriage could cost him a place at the program.

Dropping on Friday, October 9, 2020 on Disney+.

I liked it. It certainly looked great and evoked the period. I've never seen the movie so I can't  make comparisons. I thought all the actors did well, although I struggled with some of the accents - I couldn't catch half of John Glenn's dialogue. I'll probably keep watching. 

As someone who loved the movie I struggled trying to match actors to their movie counterparts. John Glenn is always easy to identify. I liked the shows take on just how ambitious he was, they all were in a way, but Glenn seemed to understand the media better than the rest. I was looking to see if we got Yeager too.  I'll definitely check out the next episode.

I didn't know this was on Disney plus I was looking for a movie to watch when I saw this so I gave it a try and really enjoyed it. I love this time period in film so this is right up my alley. It's been a very long time since I saw the movie and I don't remember much from it so I don't have the comparison issues.  

• Love 1