Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E21: End of The Beginning

• Start Topic

As the fleet mounts a final Winter season push, sad news rattles the Cornelia Marie wheelhouse. Lady Alaska greenhorn, Gabby, overcomes a painful injury to support her crew. Wild Bill's deckhands must devise a bush fix or face hauling pots by hand.

Apparently, they have played out the Spirit of the "Old Man" will help find crab so they have gone to the Spirit of Squirt will help.   Because neither of those nitwits have the know how to find crab on their own.    At least Jake asks other fisherman for help.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Apparently, they have played out the Spirit of the "Old Man" will help find crab so they have gone to the Spirit of Squirt will help.   Because neither of those nitwits have the know how to find crab on their own.    At least Jake asks other fisherman for help.

I wonder if they'll post an 8x10 of Squirt in the wheelhouse.

• LOL 5

Wild Bill sure has poor luck.  Then again, he has been super fortunate that multiple fixes at sea took.  A 10% shortfall is significant.  Did he really expect to fill the quota?  If so, it's a repeat of crew counting issues he has had in the past.  If nothing else, he now knows capacity for him is a shade under 150K lbs.  I bet he wishes he had reset.

Almost zero ice anywhere, and they were way North per Rowe's narration.  No ice in harbor at all late in the season.  No mention of the warmth and the break the fleet got by experiencing such.

It was nice seeing those tough guys adopting Gabby.  Give me great attitude over great aptitude any day.

• Love 2