Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: The Person

arc
  • Start Topic

Now an overextended gallery owner, Darby relishes some much-needed alone time during a friend's New Year's Eve wedding. The ceremony fosters a new appreciation for her perfectly imperfect life.

Welp. The show has a lot of charm and I liked what they did with Darby & Sara, and Darby & her mom over the last few episodes. Grant is very charming. But overall, the show closed weaker than it started.

• Love 2

I liked the ending. It might be because I'm 2 days away from my period but I bawled like a baby. I love a happy ending. The only thing that made me sad was that Darby and Sara aren't close anymore and I was kind of interested in Angelo and how they met. 

Since I love love stories, I'll watch season 2.

I didn't hear about this show when it premiered last year. I saw the promos on TBS and watched the entire season. I really liked it, thought the characters were well written and it didn't resort to typical rom com tropes. A very underrated show.

On 4/28/2021 at 12:54 AM, HolmesUltimateQu said:

I liked the ending. It might be because I'm 2 days away from my period but I bawled like a baby. I love a happy ending. The only thing that made me sad was that Darby and Sara aren't close anymore and I was kind of interested in Angelo and how they met. 

Since I love love stories, I'll watch season 2.

Oh God, there's a season two? 

Darby and Sara seemed plenty close at her wedding. It's exactly the girlfriend breakup that happens when lives change, but they can find a new way of bonding. SO much of Sara's toxic places included Darby. It has nothing to do with Darby being at fault in any way, but sobriety often comes with cutting all ties that are associated with your worst behaviours. 

8 hours ago, Chewy101 said:

Oh God, there's a season two? 

Darby and Sara seemed plenty close at her wedding. It's exactly the girlfriend breakup that happens when lives change, but they can find a new way of bonding. SO much of Sara's toxic places included Darby. It has nothing to do with Darby being at fault in any way, but sobriety often comes with cutting all ties that are associated with your worst behaviours. 

Season 2 is supposed to feature a new love story and follow William Jackson Harper (Chidi from The Good Place) and supposedly, Darby will still be around since it's in the same world. 

Anyway, I was here when I saw the main character was played by William Jackson Harper. I'm in. Lol

I didn't realize that season 2 would feature someone new as the lead character as I sometimes don't follow the backstories on shows.  I was just getting to like the story of Darby and I think it was wrapped up a little too fast considering how she was pretty much solo until the very end.  It definitely felt like they could have gone on a few more episodes or even another season focusing on her and developing some of the stuff they rushed at the end.  I pretty much thought this was a "chick show" and that the lead would naturally be a woman.  I'll give season 2 a chance but from the previews I'm not sure I will like it as much.