Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Sex Patrol

• Start Topic

When the Dannyzens throw a massive party at Doom Manor to resuscitate Danny the Brick, Dorothy longs to join the festivities and experience life as a grown-up. As the party rages on, Rita asks Flex Mentallo to help unleash her full potential – which has some dangerously racy consequences.

Airing Thursday, July 2, 2020

Has the Hangman’s Beautiful Daughter always had a Frida Kahlo brow? 

There were a lot of fantastic moments in this, particularly everything about the SeX Men and how completely Legion that plot went, but Dorothy’s arc continues to be a record-scratch every time they cut to her. I guess we’re supposed to be uncomfortable with the juxtaposition of “yeah why is she still emotionally 11”, the adult party, and now the renewed emphasis on her appearance, but it just makes me want them to cut back to high as fuck Cliff, or Rita and Flex. If she’s going to go dark and unleash her evil buddies, I’m ready to advance this plot already.

• Love 5

Well that was something...this show is trying to compete with Legion on which show can get away with the most insane plot lines

Sex demons and sex men. I kind of wanted Dr. Harrison to analyze why the other sex men were called kiss and torture. 

The other personalities came up top for the weirdest day ever, no wonder they gave the reigns back to Jane. 

Larry being back to being a mope again is also boring. Hopefully he'll lighten up a bit and have it stick this time. I know they are all messed up but the other have fun once in awhile, he never does.

It's a good thing they found a 20 year old to play Dorothy, because no way would they be allowed to have an actual child for the things they do on this show. However her plot is really slowing the show down. I know she's going to unleash the Candlemaker at some point, so get it over with. Which will also be Niles' fault since he kept treating Dorothy like a child for over hundred years. Even if she can't age physically, she could've aged mentally. Like Five from the Umbrella Academy, I enjoyed that kid on that show because he looked younger but had more life experiences then his older looking siblings.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

The other personalities came up top for the weirdest day ever, no wonder they gave the reigns back to Jane. 

I loved that Cliff hugging Hammerhead was the last straw. 

• Love 8
On 7/3/2020 at 7:05 PM, Sakura12 said:

Sex demons and sex men. I kind of wanted Dr. Harrison to analyze why the other sex men were called kiss and torture. 

Cuddles chose a call sign related to his first orgasmic experience.  Presumably, the other SeX-Men also chose their names from their personal sexual history.  Maybe that means that Lieutenant Kiss hasn't gone past first base.

• LOL 2

Jane's other personalities tried to take over her job as the main personality who steers the ship...and after a few hours of Doom Patrol shenanigans, they are just like "nope nope nope" and hand the steering wheel back to Jane. Yeah, Cliff trying to hug Hammerhead was probably the last straw! It is quite interesting that some of the issues between Jane and the other personalities, beyond them feeling like Jane is self destructing and taking all of them along for the ride, but that Jane, being the one on the outside the most, has developed more interests and priorities outside of protecting The Girl. Now she has her friends that she cares about, and the other personalities feel like she is deviating too much from the mission to help them out with all of their various issues and other Doom Patrol mission stuff. 

I have faith that the stuff with Dorothy is going somewhere really cool, but for now its my least favorite thread on the show. Its not awful or anything, but whenever Dorothy is the focus, I keep hoping they will cut back to Cliff or Rita or any of the other characters. I get why they want to focus on her a lot now, as this is all very clearly leading to the main plot of the season and her existence is basically the reason Chief created the Doom Patrol and their various accidents that made them the way that they are in the first place, but compared to the other characters, she just isnt that interesting. 

Danny the Street returns again to take their show on the road! Always great to see the Dannyzens, along with Flex Mentallo (who is still the best) here to have a party and just generally be awesome. Of course, because this is the Doom Patrol universe, this also leads to Rita's G Spot almost creating a super sexy Armageddon thanks to a magical shadow sex demon who gives birth to a baby that will lead to a massive orgy of doom! But never fear, the Sex Men are here! Like Ghostbusters, but with sex ghosts! My God, the sentences this show allows me to type...

Cliff gets a bit closer to forgiving Chief (or at least not punching him) mainly because he gives him drugs that robots can use apparently. "Just a robot doing the robot." 

I just love that this show gives acclaimed actor Timothy Dalton the chance to say things like "I never thought I would see the Sex Men at my door" with a straight face. 

• Love 7
37 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Of course, because this is the Doom Patrol universe, this also leads to Rita's G Spot almost creating a super sexy Armageddon thanks to a magical shadow sex demon who gives birth to a baby that will lead to a massive orgy of doom! But never fear, the Sex Men are here! Like Ghostbusters, but with sex ghosts! My God, the sentences this show allows me to type...

I don’t know if you watched Legion, but I know you watched The Magicians. The SeX Men plot reminded me of Legion + peak Magicians, in Doom Patrol’s own unique milieu of lunacy. 

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, kieyra said:

I don’t know if you watched Legion, but I know you watched The Magicians. The SeX Men plot reminded me of Legion + peak Magicians, in Doom Patrol’s own unique milieu of lunacy. 

I did watch Legion, every completely deranged retro 60s acid trip moment of it, and I totally see that in this show, mixing superhero tropes with very bizarre characters and concepts that are everything from very quirky to the full on surreal. I also totally see some of The Magicians in this, especially this episode with all of the wacky sex shenanigans, back before The Thing That We Dont Talk About happened and that show was super good. It has a very "win an election in a fairy tale land by accidentally endorsing human/animal romance" energy.  

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 1