Type keyword(s) to search

Da 5 Bloods (2020)

DollEyes
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Here's da thread for Da 5 Bloods, Spike Lee's latest joint, now playing on Netflix, about four African-American Vietnam war vets who are looking for a stash of gold that was hidden during the war, along with their fallen comrade, played in flashbacks by Chadwick Boseman.

The film also co-stars Norm Lewis, Jonathan Majors, Clarke Peters and Isiah Whitlock Jr. ( both from The Wire),  Jean Reno and Delroy Lindo, whose performance is a revelation, to say the least. If Lindo's not nominated for an Oscar, then the MPAA is even worse than ever, as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 3
On 6/17/2020 at 12:37 PM, DollEyes said:

Delroy Lindo, whose performance is a revelation, to say the least. If Lindo's not nominated for an Oscar, then the MPAA is even worse than ever, as far as I'm concerned.

Totally agree. Delroy Lindo has long been underrated, but I thought he was amazing here.

• Love 2

Watched the movie on Saturday night.  I went in a tad skeptically, as several of my friends were kind of meh on it, but I liked it more than they did.  It has the usual Spike Lee excesses, but I found the characters engrossing.  Agree that Lindo is a stand-out, but I also love Clarke Peters' more understated performance -- he's so great in everything.  

• Love 2

Watched this last night. It was good and Delroy Lindo was amazing, especially at the end when he was talking to himself/Norman and going crazy.

That said the idea that these guys could carry backpacks full of gold bars really took me out of the movie. It reminded me of that Gold Case gameshow from 30 Rock. "Gold's really heavy, isn't it?"

Also I wasn't really sure why the guys even told the French dealer guy where they were going if they didn't trust him.

• Love 1

SAG Award nominations!

Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Supporting Role - Chadwick Boseman

Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture

Outstanding Action Performance by a Stunt Ensemble in a Motion Picture

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

Costume Designers Guild Award nomination!

Excellence in Contemporary Film|
Barb and Star Go to Vista Del Mar – Trayce Gigi Field
Birds of Prey – Erin Benach
Da 5 Bloods – Donna Berwick
Promising Young Woman – Nancy Steiner
The Prom – Lou Eyrich