Type keyword(s) to search

Treasure Island With Bear Grylls - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I stumbled upon this and liked it. I enjoy all the different Brit accents for one thing. I like the combination of greed and survival in the wilderness. His Lordship (Ivar) sure changed from “let’s all share” and “I don’t need the money” to “I’m keeping this” awfully fast after finding the loot! 😆 Wonder if he and hottie Marine Marco can keep their secret? 

• Love 1

I’m glad that kid, Jack (right?), decided to go back. It’s one thing to not share money but another to not share water. I was worried for the granny. I’m also glad some others found money besides the Marine and the Mountbatten. I feel bad for the snake that got its lunch stolen! 

• Love 2

I am watching the first episode and feel conflicted. Marco and Mountbatten find the money so I can see that they deserve what they found but hiding the parachute is awful. That is a source of shade and possibly has other uses at camp. So their desire to hide the money not only deprives the others of money, which I don’t have a problem with but hiding survival material sucks.  

53 minutes ago, ProfCrash said:

I am watching the first episode and feel conflicted. Marco and Mountbatten find the money so I can see that they deserve what they found but hiding the parachute is awful. That is a source of shade and possibly has other uses at camp. So their desire to hide the money not only deprives the others of money, which I don’t have a problem with but hiding survival material sucks.  

Not hiding the parachute would give away that they found money though.

2 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

Not hiding the parachute would give away that they found money though.

Yes. And so they choose their own greed over providing the benefit of shade and other uses from the parachute. I know it is a game show but there is also survival at play. It just feels wrong.

I’ll watch the second episode tomorrow.

I really like Jack. He represents a lot of home viewers. He feels responsible for helping everyone survive but knows that he could probably have more fun and do better on his own with Marco and Ivars. None of the larger group were likely to be seriously hurt at their current camp. The Production team probably can remove someone from the game if they needed to. But there is still that sense of responsibility to the group. 

I think Jack made the right call but I don’t think Marco and Ivars are awful for trying to do their own thing. I do think that it is wrong to not bring the parachutes back to camp because those can provide shade during the heat of the day and warmth as a blanket at night. I understand that it means telling folks that you found money and that you are not sharing but depriving the group of shade and warmth is problematic. I am also not thrilled that they would hide finding a larger water source from everyone. 

I would hope that Ivars, Marco and Jake can find a balance with exploring while rejoining the others at base camp. 

• Love 2
(edited)
On 6/19/2020 at 4:46 PM, ProfCrash said:

I would agree with you IF they weren't being filmed for a reality show.  Now the world can see what a shitty human being you are.  How can you trust either of those jackholes?

The show also goes into who is and who isn't more deserving.  Is the person who found the money deserving?  Is the person who found the water more deserving?  Is a person more deserving because they feel they work harder?  Is a person more deserving because they have children?

Interesting.

I think Jack made the right call but I don’t think Marco and Ivars are awful for trying to do their own thing.

IMO Jack is the only one who acted like a human being. 

And which one was Ruby?

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 2

I couldn’t figure out who Ruby was either! Wonder why they didn’t show the tap out like other shows do.

I think Marco and Ivar were awful for even thinking of keeping the water supply from the rest of the contestants. They knew how dire the lack of water was. 

I assume Jack, Cat, and the double glazing guy split the £10K with only the people who hadn’t found money yet. I was so happy when they found a box. Emily should have spoken up when Elissa did.

15 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

I assume Jack, Cat, and the double glazing guy split the £10K with only the people who hadn’t found money yet. I was so happy when they found a box. Emily should have spoken up when Elissa did.

At the end, it sounded like they all decided that they would wait until the last day to see who was all left, and then decide if they wanted to split the money. But I don't know who's currently holding on to the 10K that they found. At least they have a parachute now! We'll see if they use it. 

It was hard watching that stingray being killed. Hopefully next time, if there is one, they have the person with the knife closer by. Also, where did they get a knife? I don't think they ever said what kind of items the contestants were allowed to bring with them.

Also, Jack reminds me of a young Orlando Bloom.

(edited)

Screw Emily, talk about ME ME ME MY KIDS ME ME ME, I'M NOT GONNA TELL ANYBODY BECAUSE IT'S ABOUT ME ME ME.

I would love it if the show had a Twilight Zone type of twist. 

At the end of the show, the islanders are told that the money is counterfeit.  😃

If it weren't for the camera crew filming all of this, Bear would go back to the island after it was all over and find a good portion of the islanders dead.  No kidding.

Edited by Neurochick
8 hours ago, pezgirl7 said:

At the end, it sounded like they all decided that they would wait until the last day to see who was all left, and then decide if they wanted to split the money. But I don't know who's currently holding on to the 10K that they found. At least they have a parachute now! We'll see if they use it. 

I think Bill’s “mediation” would govern the money found after that point. Jack and DoubleGlazing Guy (I can’t remember his name! 🤔) were determined that Irene would get a £1000 to take her grandkids to London.

I think it is pretty simple. If you found money and are not sharing it, you are on your own for food and water and shelter. No use of the group resources. 

I really appreciate Jack because he understands the basic concept of what a society is. A group of people, with different skills, working together to protect one another and make a good life for themselves. 

I fully understand the position that Emily, Marco, and Ivar's are taking. They found it so why shouldn't they keep it? Since they were spending more of their time looking for money then trying to feed the group, they have no claim on the food that Jack found or the food that the Grandma found. They don't look good making the choice that they are making. I get that their families need the money, I would assume that the other contestants families need the money as well. It will be interesting to see if their position changes as the game goes on.

• Love 3
On 6/29/2020 at 6:41 PM, LittleIggy said:

Jack is my fave so far. 

Same here, although Cat is growing on me as well.  I am really liking this show.  I am very interested in seeing if the 'keep the money to ourselves' crowd changes their tune over time. 

• Love 1

I was jumping up and down and cheering for Jack and Ben as they raced against Marco to get the box! Hooray for the boys! 😀 And hooray to Irene and Morag for getting that iguana! They should have charged Ivar and Marco for their dinner. 😏 Hey, Ivar,  in the US  it’s the middle class and working people who pay the taxes not the rich. And you’re the nut for talking to a coconut. 🤪

• Love 1
On 7/2/2020 at 6:18 PM, LittleIggy said:

I was jumping up and down and cheering for Jack and Ben as they raced against Marco to get the box! Hooray for the boys! 😀 And hooray to Irene and Morag for getting that iguana! They should have charged Ivar and Marco for their dinner. 😏 Hey, Ivar,  in the US  it’s the middle class and working people who pay the taxes not the rich. And you’re the nut for talking to a coconut. 🤪

When Ivar was giving his lecture on the haves and have nots, I want to punch him in the throat.  I don't dislike the guy, but that speech rubbed me the wrong way, given who he is and all.  I hope Irene and Morag reset the iguana trap...could very useful!

• Love 1

Good finale! I’m so glad Marco had a change of heart. I think the experience made him a better person. Ivar was a mensch too for giving part of his share to Morag, Irene, and Cat. Jack, of course, didn’t disappoint! A looker and a good-hearted lad! 💕

Yeah, Morag, don’t listen to the brain surgeon! 🙄 I couldn’t watch or listen to them dispatching the poor goat. That scenario reminded me too much of a Bear Grylls show called The Island (US version) in which the tribe caught a pig (which seemed drugged) on their next to last day on the island.

Overall, I enjoyed the series. Great mix of people.

I would have to be paid a lot more money to endure what they went through. I know some did it for the experience, but being hungry and thirsty, and dirty and sunburned, is just not fun. The nurse said the 5,000 pounds she got would set her up for life, which I thought was strange.  I'm actually surprised they all made it to the end. Good on them.

I think production put the goat on the island, but do you think someone from production actually put the goat in the trap? Seems suspicious that it happened right before they got off the island. I can't believe that woman drank the water. I couldn't feel bad for her after she got sick.

I'm glad we're getting a follow up episode next week. 

1 hour ago, pezgirl7 said:

I would have to be paid a lot more money to endure what they went through. I know some did it for the experience, but being hungry and thirsty, and dirty and sunburned, is just not fun. The nurse said the 5,000 pounds she got would set her up for life, which I thought was strange.  I'm actually surprised they all made it to the end. Good on them.

I think production put the goat on the island, but do you think someone from production actually put the goat in the trap? Seems suspicious that it happened right before they got off the island. I can't believe that woman drank the water. I couldn't feel bad for her after she got sick.

I'm glad we're getting a follow up episode next week. 

See what I said in my post! After what happened on another of Bear’s shows, I’m sure the poor goat was planted there. 🤨

It's amazing they all got along so well. One of the reasons I stopped watching Survivor is because I'm not a fan of squabbles and drama. I felt for the women... I would have had a lot of the same health issues. Without my migraine and cramp pills, pads for my period, or face wash and lotion, I would have been a mess! I guess I'm high maintenance. lol I don't remember them ever showing that woman who left after a couple of days because she didn't want to drink the water. She had really long, decorated nails, so she didn't seem like the type who would have made it too far. It's nice that Marcus was going to give his money to his mom so she could buy a car. I realized the lord reminds me of Billy Mack from Love Actually. They have the same laugh.

• Love 1