Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E10: Lowkey Lost

• Start Topic

On 6/22/2020 at 12:18 AM, talktoomuch said:

Y'all are way more generous than I am. All I can think about this finale is how pissed I am that I paid for a whole month of HBO for that.

Just like Issa and Prentiss (and Amanda obvi) seem to think they broke some major ground with 16 minutes of PPD storyline, they don't seem to realize what character-burning damage they've done to Molly. It feels like they don't watch their own show to not realize that Molly's words and actions this season took what could have been from-college-to-real-adults growing pains and morphed it into scorched-earth-on-that-former-friend territory.

Molly did not have any balance, not a single real redeemable moment to detract from the destruction she wrought in Issa's life. It was too far and too much. And they didn't leave us anything to root for. At this point even if you could have seen Molly's side before, it's nearly impossible to do so now.

I could tell by that ending that Issa and Prentiss don't realize that they probably destroyed the whole character trying to build this friendship growth arc. But no one is rooting for Issa's and Molly's friendship unless we get a New and Improved Molly.

So much this. It’s not a popular opinion on many insecure forums, but it’s the truth. I was never a real Molly fan, but at least she had redeeming qualities and moments. They made her truly insufferable this season, I believe in large part for a good story and to make sure Issa could continue to be the wide eyed, continual victim. 

I honestly think the same of Condola. Not a fan, but hard not to see how inconsistent Insecure is with character development. Especially more professional black women. 

I also wonder how insecure will age. Lots of people loved Carrie on SATC during its original run. Now, she’s widely seen as a deeply selfish character. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

The ending of the PPD portion seemed very off.  Having Tiffany keep saying "I'm sorry" seemed as though the writers were saying that it's all good now because of her awareness. 

For the issa/Molly portion, as the camera was pulling away from the ending shot, I was watching the two of them interact, and Molly seemed to be gesturing pretty intently.  To me, it didn't look like someone being contrite and apologetic.

I hope it was, her tone when she said "I'm glad you came" sounded defeated and so I'm hoping she gets some sort of redemption next season.  

When she and issa were talking in the diner, even I was happy for them because it seemed like they were working their way back.  So I kinda hope they are able to be friends again.  

And by next season I'm probably going to forget that I hate Molly and why. 

7 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

The ending of the PPD portion seemed very off.  Having Tiffany keep saying "I'm sorry" seemed as though the writers were saying that it's all good now because of her awareness. 

For the issa/Molly portion, as the camera was pulling away from the ending shot, I was watching the two of them interact, and Molly seemed to be gesturing pretty intently.  To me, it didn't look like someone being contrite and apologetic.

Honestly, the last episode gave a lot more play to the actor who portrays her husband than Tiffany. It really felt like it was his moment to shine. Tiffany was almost an afterthought.

• Love 8