Type keyword(s) to search

These may have all been discussed in other episode threads this season, but here are some questions that I feel were never fully resolved or maybe I have just forgotten:

• Who killed Emmett?  I assume either Jorge or Xavier.
  • Who killed Hannah Keating?  They assume it was the Governor, but why?  As far as the government knew, Hannah was going to testify against Annalise.  Did Frank kill her?
  • What exactly happened to Sandrine Castillo and why?  Laurel said that her father and brother killed her, but we never got confirmation of her actual death, apart from the scalp that could easily have been a wig.
  • Did Laurel's plea deal get voided when she didn't cooperate with the FBI?  Or does it not matter because the FBI was exposed? 
  • Were there any consequences to the FBI conspiracy against Annalise?  Is it safe to assume that Pollock and Lanford are in prison?
  • Does the Governor get exposed as corrupt?  Does the court of public opinion turn against her even though she is dead?
  • As much as I like Michaela... she was caught lying on the stand and was proven to have vindictively caused the deportation of her gay Iranian classmate.  No consequences for that?  And she gets to be a judge?  I think she would have failed a character and fitness assessment.  I can only assume that her father helped her out, so he must have been part of her life, although he was not at her swearing in.
  • If Annalise didn't do it, who is assumed to have killed Lila, Rebecca, Calep Hapstall, Ronald Miller, and Emily Sinclair?
  • Who is assumed by the government to have killed Xavier?
  • Did the Governor have Jorge killed?

It's very easy to just say "the Governor and the Castillos did it", but I want more explanation/resolution.

I want a spinoff series for Tegan Price.  She can open up a legal aid clinic in Miami and speak Spanish all the time.  I need to hear more Tegan speaking Spanish. 

• Love 3
On 8/9/2020 at 5:24 PM, blackwing said:

These may have all been discussed in other episode threads this season, but here are some questions that I feel were never fully resolved or maybe I have just forgotten:

• Who killed Emmett?  I assume either Jorge or Xavier.
  • Who killed Hannah Keating?  They assume it was the Governor, but why?  As far as the government knew, Hannah was going to testify against Annalise.  Did Frank kill her?
  • What exactly happened to Sandrine Castillo and why?  Laurel said that her father and brother killed her, but we never got confirmation of her actual death, apart from the scalp that could easily have been a wig.
  • Did Laurel's plea deal get voided when she didn't cooperate with the FBI?  Or does it not matter because the FBI was exposed? 
  • Were there any consequences to the FBI conspiracy against Annalise?  Is it safe to assume that Pollock and Lanford are in prison?
  • Does the Governor get exposed as corrupt?  Does the court of public opinion turn against her even though she is dead?
  • As much as I like Michaela... she was caught lying on the stand and was proven to have vindictively caused the deportation of her gay Iranian classmate.  No consequences for that?  And she gets to be a judge?  I think she would have failed a character and fitness assessment.  I can only assume that her father helped her out, so he must have been part of her life, although he was not at her swearing in.
  • If Annalise didn't do it, who is assumed to have killed Lila, Rebecca, Calep Hapstall, Ronald Miller, and Emily Sinclair?
  • Who is assumed by the government to have killed Xavier?
  • Did the Governor have Jorge killed?

It's very easy to just say "the Governor and the Castillos did it", but I want more explanation/resolution.

I want a spinoff series for Tegan Price.  She can open up a legal aid clinic in Miami and speak Spanish all the time.  I need to hear more Tegan speaking Spanish. 

Going from memory, the TLDR for pretty much all these questions is "We don't know."

We don't know if Emmett was poisoned or died of natural causes or what. I don't think he was mentioned again beyond the first episode of the last season, and only then in Teagan being like "Glad I'm taking over."

They thought that the Governor killed Hannah because she is Schroedinger's Villain: simultaneously plotting expertly, ruthlessly and tirelessly against Our Heroes and yet somehow unable to exploit their obvious vulnerabilities within a legal framework. Team AK could have concluded that the governor knew that there is a possibility Hannah would flip, so she had her killed. The impression I was left was that Frank killed her out of shame of being Incest Baby.

We don't know what happened with Sandrine, but I guess we're supposed to take Laurel at her word?

Presumably, she violated her plea deal. But considering we're supposed to think that Laurel is now a mafia princess and the general incomptetence of the prosecutors in the HTGAWM-verse, it's entirely possible that she beat whatever rap. 

Nope, no reason to think that there would be consequences for the FBI trying to frame a woman for murder, and indeed, one of the FBI agents actually murdering someone. It was said that the one agent had been arrested, but again...incompetent prosecutors.

If I were to put money on it, I'd bet Frank's assassination of the governor makes her seem sympathetic and turns her into a martyr rather than exposes her as evil.

Money could buy Michaela out of a lot of situations, and her natural smarts and charm could get her out of others.

I don't think AK was ever on the hook for Lila. That was thought to be her boyfriend and Rebecca, and then Sam. TPTB never explained why it might be remotely thought that AK orchestrated any of the non-Sam killings. 

Don't know if the government even knows that Xavier is dead.

The implication I took from things is that Laurel had Jorge killed. But again, don't know. 

• Love 2