Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Another Day in Paradise

Ah, the detention episode. If you're going to pay homage to John Hughes, you really have to do it.

The girl playing Jenny is going way too hard. Some really bad overacting.

Poor Mr. Whittaker really is too old for all this shit.

On 3/24/2020 at 4:20 PM, Danny Franks said:

Ah, the detention episode. If you're going to pay homage to John Hughes, you really have to do it.

The girl playing Jenny is going way too hard. Some really bad overacting.

Poor Mr. Whittaker really is too old for all this shit.

Agreed. The Breakfast Club is one of my favorite movies. I liked the idea of a genderbent Bender, but the actress didn't do it for me. There was an obnoxiousness with a clear undercurrent of vulnerability in the way the original John Bender was played, but this actress didn't convey that to me. She was just plain obnoxious. Having said that, she didn't have a ton to work with and I didn't care about the character since she appeared out of the blue.

I did get a good chuckle out of this show organically having its own Molly Ringwald lookalike. I kind of thought that since Bender was genderbent as Jenny, and Sophia Lillis resembles Molly, we were going to have a plot twist where they got together.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 1

Okay, so... in my school, they supervised detention. Troublemakers left alone after hours seems unwise. But I'll let that go for a minute. 

They are the only people in the school. They obtain keys from the janitor. Why aren't they the obvious culprits in the library demolishment and security footage theft? And why didn't anyone hear the big boom when the library shelves fell over? I am handwaving a lot here, don't push me too far.

On the other hand, I loved the janitor... though he also could have just offered to go to the room with her to retrieve the "missing backpack." 

"We 69ed and everything." "Yes. And it's all on tape."