Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Stan by Me

I like Stan too. He tries so hard.  It was driving me crazy where I'd seen him before without looking it up, then I heard on a podcast he was one of the kids in the horror film It.  But he also looks like a younger version of Alan Cummings.  🙂

• Love 3

So there seems to be a real rise of young, floppy haired, skinny, slightly nebbish actors in Hollywood at the moment - Timothee Chalamet, Finn Wolfhard, Alex Wolf and this kid who plays Stan. It's interesting, almost as if someone cloned Jesse Eisenberg and removed a lot of the smugness.

I really felt that speech from Syd's mother. Ouch. Kathleen Rose Perkins is great. The little brother is cool too. "What if you and mom talked... without being mean?"

Not sure what to make of the shadowy figure at the end, there.

• Love 1

I find Stan appointing himself her mentor to be really obnoxious. I liked him until now. Not that I dislike him now, but that was his first whiff of what could turn into toxic control issues. He makes me a little sad, usually, because he's avoiding reading the room in order to avoid being crushed by it. But being overbearing isn't really a great look, either.