Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: The Jewish Question

formerlyfreedom
  • Start Topic

And there was a thick darkness in all the land. As The Hunters wallowed in the valley of the shadow of death, they turned to the stars to point them on their path. Still, darkness trespassed upon the heart of Jonah, which did tempt him toward sin; and the shepherd Meyer petitioned Millie to join their flock.

Dropping on Amazon on Friday, February 21, 2020.

18 hours ago, saoirse said:

Saul Rubinek and Carol Kane killed me. So effing amazing.

Yes, they have been great. I wasn't expecting to be crying at this show but there's at least two eps where I did. 

• Love 1
(edited)
On 3/1/2020 at 1:07 AM, saoirse said:

Saul Rubinek and Carol Kane killed me. So effing amazing.

I didn't realize I cared so much about their characters until this episode. I thought there was a lack of character development amongst the Hunters, but it was actually so subtle and so well-done by the actors, that I didn't realize it until this episode. Christ, that scene at the kitchen table tore my heart out. If you told me they were married IRL, I'd believe you. They were that good. That scene alone has almost made sticking around this series worth it.

Also, they just HAD to pick the cutest little chub to play Aaron. He triggered my maternal instinct.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 4

Morris' dad can suck it. I don't care if her sisters were at the hospital all day. Morris has a job. It's not like she was just shopping at the mall or having a spa day. Maybe I'm projecting too much but I remember some of my relatives being judgmental because I wasn't at my dad's side 24/7 when my dad had cancer. I couldn't believe the audacity because (1) I lived 500 miles away and had a full time job (2) none of my relatives who were being judgey and lived out of town came to visit or help (3) my mom lived with my dad and my sister lived in the same city as my parents so it's not like he was all alone.

Jonah finally got the fire that Offerman wanted him to have but he got a little too eager with those jumper cables. I was glad when Joe finally pulled the plug since Offerman clearly wasn't going to stop Jonah.

Murray and Mindy's scene together was so beautiful. I'm glad she was able to see that he and Aaron are at peace and together. It won't take away her grief and pain, but hopefully it will comfort her.

I'm watching this episode in the midst of the coronavirus lockdown, so hearing about something that's going to kill half the population in six weeks is a bit eerie right now.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 5

The scene around the table was well done but jibberish. I was trying to figure out if Mindy had lost her mind. But I guess it was just religious.

Finally they return to the guy in the basement. I kept wondering about him.

I don’t know why they tried to defuse the bomb at all. It barely took out a subway car. There was no evidence of a biological weapon when they saw the bomb.

Clearly Offerman is trying to bring people to the dark side, one step at a time.