Type keyword(s) to search

Interior Design Masters - General Discussion

• Start Topic

My builder is back! Yay! 

I disagree that Peter (?) should have gone home over the woman with the fake window. That was hideous! And all those plastic plants. Ugh! At least his bookshelf was a good idea. I also hated the paper mache light that the judges loved. 

• Love 2

I think fake window girl was saved because the mouldy wall gave her so much unexpected grief. Her design though wouldn't have been better, had everything gone swimmingly, lets be honest. I think anyone who puts door knobs on a headboard should be kicked out immediately.
I knew the judges would love the really dark rooms. If Dave Gohl stunt double Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen has taught me anything, its that dark walls will draw your eye out to the garden view.

How I feel about Alan laughing about his own lukewarm jokes  and giving mini-critiques after visiting the contestants as if he was part of the judging panel really depends on my mood on the day. This time round I found it a bit grating, even though I like Alan Carr.

• Love 1

Alan Carr is hilarious as a judge on Ru Paul's Drag Race UK, and he does alright here, but he has to rein in it for this show, so the results are less consistent. 

I forgot about the doorknobs. Yeah, cuz you want to suffer spinal injury when reading in bed! 

• Love 1

Once again, there was a whole lot of green. Too much green. I'm surprised that the judges liked the 2 really dark rooms best, when I go to a hotel, I don't want to stay in a cave.

When they were taking the mold off the walls, I kept screaming "put on a mask!" at the screen. They were just breathing it all in as it came off the walls.

HATED the fake wisteria, & I do not like wallpaper. They always seem to put a lot of wallpaper up. Is this a British thing?

No complaints. The finishing of Abby and Rochelle (?) 's room was shoddy. Never hang astro turf or any material that's heavier than wallpaper, horizontally, it will inevitably sag and look sh*t, especially when you only work with a nail gun, I think you need some very heavy duty (like for flooring) adhesives.
I did like the eco elements in the fox room, but its hilarious that Michelle pointet out the plants, most of which where artificial.

Paul needs to go, he is so annoying. He isn't a bad designer, but not as exciting as he thinks he is.
The crocodile common room didn't have a lot of seating, did it?

That grass on the walls look awful, I hope the school plans on redoing some, if not all of those rooms. they probably won't have a choice, I doubt those paper accordion seats are going to last longer tan a week. 

Poor Molly. I knew she was doomed the moment she was paired Paul (and because Banjo and Dean weren't). What were they thinking putting real flowers in the window, without any saucers? How are they supposed to be watered? This is cruelty against greenery, that is.
I can't remember a single instance where painting brick walls and beams in older buildings with such strong colours has improved a room. But hey, the client loved it.

The bridal shop was head and shoulders above the others, the owner's reaction said it all. The idea for that lazy Susan wasn't bad, but the execution wasn't thought through.
Dean and Fran were a sweet example of one designer pushing for the right thing and the other recognising that something needs to be changed. What a sweet heart Dean was before the judging when he squeezed Fran and told her that they did good.

• Love 1

Oh good, more puke green. Has Molly had a design where she did not use green? Along with mustardy gold nearly every challenge, she definitely has a distinct signature style. 

The right person went home, although I also would have been fine with Fran, whose design this week looked like the cover of a Martha Stewart magazine in the 90s. But she has shown that she can do so much better. She should have listened to Dean, not a shop owner who wants an update as long as the update isn’t a change from the current look.  

I didn’t like the metal of the scaffolding in the bridal shop. It looked old and worn despite being brand new, which I felt took away from the upscale elegance of the rest of the place. The lazy susan was ridiculous. Overall, though, the shop was great. 

Paul’s attitude during the elimination surprised me. Hope we see more humble Paul in the future. 

• Love 1
On 3/31/2022 at 3:44 AM, oldCJ said:

The lazy susan was ridiculous.

Oh, I so wanted to see some brides-to-be on the lazy susan. Just give them a couple of glasses of champs, let them find their perfect gown, & the fun begins! Drunk, crying brides going round & round & round, whether they want to or not. 😁

• LOL 2

That lazy susan is a lawsuit waiting to happen after some bride-to-be breaks a wrist or leg. Maybe if it was much bigger, flush with the floor, and had a locking brake mechanism it could work. 

I was also wondering who on earth was going to water 30 individual plants in that window! C'mon people!  

Seems like this season is Banjo's to lose, unless Dean has a run at it. 

My builder crush got quite a few lines this episode, so I was happy. : D

Lawrence loves himself a tight suit - quite amusing that he popped a seam at the back of his jacket and it was in full view for a good couple of minutes. There is a reason why he always pops up on programmes like this though - he gives great and snappy commentary.
I really enjoy the rapport Michelle has with all the guest judges. It always feels like she is good friends with everyone.

Hate to say it, but Paul's was probably my favourite this week.
I was worried about Fran's paint job, but the hut looked a lot better dressed up.
Sorry to see Dean go, but it didn't really come as a surprise. He massively ran out of time and his design was a very Howard Wolowitz idea of romance. You wouldn't want to go in there with a black light after the first summer season.
Amy was disappointing. Her wallpaper, even though it was off brief, was lovely.

Casting for a new season is also underway.

• Love 1

I would only want to stay in Paul or Banjo's huts.

Fran's didn't feel relaxing. And what on Earth was Dean thinking?! That was so cliche and cringe-worthy.

And Amy! Wow, she really tumbled in my eyes. It looked like children drew her "mountains". And who is going to tend a fire all day so they can bathe out in an area where a bunch of huts and guests are close together?! Who would come to that beautiful natural setting and then want to hear recorded birdsong?! And see some poor taxidermy bird! I'm afraid she might need to stick to wall paper design! 

Was the guest judge the guy from Scotland's Home of the Year? I'm trying to figure where I've seen him.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Was the guest judge the guy from Scotland's Home of the Year? I'm trying to figure where I've seen him.

He has been a guest judge on every season of this show and is mostly known for a show called Changing Rooms (which was huge in the 90s and 00s - it was recently resurrected by Channel 4 and the 'other designer' (there are 2 teams) is the guy who came second to Sarah Mooore in the first season of the Great Interior Design Challenge). I don't know about Scottland's HOTY, but he has judged Northern Ireland's HOTY a few times.
He also was in the celebrity version of the Great Prainting Challenge.

Also, the builders on this show aren't doing a nice photo calendar by any chance? You know, for charity? Asking for a friend.

• LOL 1

*sigh*

Ah well, the boys did allright and the owners' reaction was very sweet.
Paul's print I hated and I think the producers deliberately gave the Jamaican cafe to Banjo and Paul because Amy would've had a field day with patterns, prints and wallpapers in there. Its a shame she felt she should skip doing wallpapers this week. Last week she could've done without, this week it probably would've made it easier to incoorporate those ugly chairs if she could've done a print.
Sorry to see Fran go because she is a bit more daring in her designs than Paul. The re-upholstery looked a bit shoddy in the shots of the finished cafe, you can see the vinyl ripple on one of the seats, but I honestly don't know what the alternative would've been. Can you (spray) paint vinyl?
Absolutely agree with Michelle on the faux marble covering of the tables.

• Love 1

I can understand why the owners of the girl's cafe needed a drink immediately after walking in. Oof, that was bad. What exactly about a casual seaside cafe made them think 1920's art deco?! And those sherbet colors with the marble! I would be shocked if it hasn't been redone already. The judges were really struggling to come up with anything positive to say. 

Amy should have been eliminated for her fluorescent Kelly green nail polish alone! : D

Glad Banjo and Paul talked it out, cuz while I understand his frustration, that passive-aggressive complaining was not a good look on Banjo. 

What were the women thinking covering tables in a cafe with what looked like shelf liner? How is that going to stand up to people eating on it? It's going to look like crap in no time. And how could they not get bar height chairs? I would hate to try to eat & drink when my chin was just up to the bar.

Finally!
And all the better that Paul got the boot for something he thought he was really clever about. His meltdown before the deadline was quite something too. I liked his coracle chandelier, but thats about it. Those expensive vases in a holiday let?

Amy did really well, I adore those pommel horse foot rests. They must've cost a fortune. I probably would've liked to see the floor boards outside stained black aswell.
I will never understand why the people in this country are so obsessed with artificial plants and flowers. I loathe them and I hated that chandelier. Thats a dusting nightmare.

Banjo - that was a very Australians at the Olympics colour palette. I liked his canoe a bit more than Paul's boat, probably because the light bulb fittet the shape better. The sofa looked very comfy.

• Love 1

I was a bit let down by the semi-final. The right two went through, but I found things to hate in each place.  : D

Paul: The couches were indeed ghastly, and those big slices of wood everywhere. Yes, we get it, we are in the woods! How on earth would you ever wipe down that back splash made of rocks?! And a heavy light fixture that is held up by ropes wrapped around a wall anchor? Not everyone knows what a secure knot is and you know at some point that thing is going to come crashing down! WORST OF ALL: the rope handles on the cabinet and frig doors. OMG, those things are going to get so stained and covered in hand oils and absorb kitchen odors. YUCK! Not to mention rope is rough on the hands. 

Amy: I am with you @Aulty, hate hate hate the fake plant crap and this is not the first time she's done it. And having herbs hanging over you at dinner, that you are supposed to use on your food?! You would have to stand on your chair to reach them, and take them down to water them ~just stupid. And I was not a fan of her making a bar out of the glass railing on the deck. I want to see the lake while I am in the house, not have a view of bar stools and wood. 

Banjo: I'm sorry but my eyes would hurt being in that kitchen for hours.  

On 4/21/2022 at 4:19 AM, Aulty said:

Finally!
And all the better that Paul got the boot for something he thought he was really clever about.

As far as he's concerned, he's been really clever about everything. I still can't believe it took this long for him to be eliminated.

On 4/21/2022 at 6:18 PM, TVbitch said:

WORST OF ALL: the rope handles on the cabinet and frig doors. OMG, those things are going to get so stained and covered in hand oils and absorb kitchen odors. YUCK! Not to mention rope is rough on the hands. 

YES, they were awful, plus, I'm sure they're going to break & shed over time & look like a total mess. I don't remember who his cabin was for, Amy was friends, Banjo was family, what was Paul?

How are we already at the end of the season? It just started ...

I really wanted Amy to win going into the final, but I loved Banjo's bar so much more. Not surprised he was given the win. Love the downstairs  gangster-granny bar - good point about the missing mirrors though..
With her outfit during the judging, Michelle (she is such a gorgeous woman) would be right at home at Amy's 70s bar. Alan too.
Amy's builder wasn't wrong when he said that cellar was 2 weeks worth of work.

I am glad that they brought Matthew Williamson back to judge the final again.

• Love 1

I thought Banjo had a much harder layout and did more with it that would allow the owners to make the most out of all their spaces. And the downstairs was still cohesive with the upstairs. Amy gave herself a ton of work to do in her 70's room, but in the end, it looked a bit too Greg Brady groovy for me. I might go there once to have a drink and check it out, but I probably wouldn't go back. It was a cliche as a tiki bar, and now it is a cliche as a 70's pad. She didn't have a lot of time left for the bigger upstairs and I think it did lack personality and warmth.   

I'm really pleased Banjo won, cuz the way Amy kept emphasizing how much she was learning and putting Michelle's advice into practice, I thought she was getting the winner's edit. Then she brought up her infertility issues and depression, and not to diminish her struggles at all, but I am just so tired of American competition shows where the one with the most sympathetic story wins. I am so glad my UK competition shows allow contestants to talk about that stuff, but still stick to merit to select their winners.  

8 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Amy gave herself a ton of work to do in her 70's room, but in the end, it looked a bit too Greg Brady groovy for me.

Exactly how I felt, it was too on the nose & felt more like a 70s movie set than a real bar. I'm glad Banjo won, but was anyone else distracted by the woman (can't remember he name) contestant who was helping him & wore the same orange jumpsuit for all 3 days?

I always have to laugh when they announce the winner on British competition shows, & the runner up always says "they deserved to win". Yeah, I'm sure that's exactly what you're really thinking. LOL

• Love 1

Yay! its back. And this year I am watching very closely because I will have a new home to decorate in a few months and could do with a few ideas.

Of course the thing that I was looking forward to the most are those gorgeous builders. Good to see the old faves back, and a couple of new faces aswell. I still love Michelle, I follow her on social and she seems really authentic, and she has that great rapport with her guest judges.

Good first round, wasn't it? I am glad goth lady Monika is able to dial the dark back, the first bedroom was fab. The day bed room seemed really impractical though. Ibiza lad (funny that the programme acouncer on BBC NI is openly routing for him - are other regional channels doing that too?) really missed the point of the exercise - there are always a couple who overthink what the judges want to see. Plus, I am not keen on the Ibiza-vibe. On its own, the rooms where ok imho, I liked the rusty artwork.
Karl, I don't know what he was thinking with that sofa - leave the sofa building to the professionals. I've watched a lot of interior design shows and never have I seen a scratch built sofa I liked. The design of the room divider, with the shelfs at an angle was a decent idea, I thought.
Everyone else, well done.

• Like 1

Interior Design Maestros - haha, that was one of Alan's better ones. They almost completely ignored Charlotte's musical contribution. She gota bit defensive during the judging round. Especially after Joanne had the textbook responses during her interview. I understand why Buse had to go, but I was rooting for Charlotte to get the boot.

In general, not as crafty as I thought it would be. A lot of stuff looked usable and sturdy enough. (I remember the school make-over from last season with the artificial grass walls and cardboard chairs). Tom, Temi. Ry. Peter and Jack did really well. And the builders of course. I really like the one with the beard who supported Charlotte this week. I need more cold opening with the building crew again, we got a couple last year.

• Like 1

There are some real front-runners. I was kind of shocked Ibiza guy didn't go straight off. Maybe they have seen some of his other work.

Glad we got the "kids" challenge out of the way. That one is always my least favorite, but I was buoyed by my builder boyfriend getting a starring role, as he was the one building the floor that took forever. He's been my slightly disheveled, long-haired sweetie since the start of Interior Design Challenge. 

I could not believe Buse had sand right on the floor! How is that possibly going to end well when kids are involved?! And her little square seats that you could flip upsidedown to reveal a chalkboard ~how is that not going to result in chalk marks all over the floor?! That poor cleaning crew! I really didn't understand what the kids were going to do with all those rough, heavy tree stumps. I mean, what on earth?! 

• Like 1
On 3/17/2023 at 3:33 AM, TVbitch said:

... but I was buoyed by my builder boyfriend getting a starring role, as he was the one building the floor that took forever. He's been my slightly disheveled, long-haired sweetie since the start of Interior Design Challenge.

That's Steward. I remembered vaguely someone being keen on him around here haha. Handsome chap, he is.

Edited by Aulty
  • Like 1

5 minutes in it was already obvious who would go home. I didn't get the blue in Tom's room, and Temi's cheap looking little sheepskin rugs.
Still love me some Michelle & Matthew.

No one blew me away this week, certainly nothing was fit for a 5 star hotel. First glance of Temi's finished room looked like it was wash day but the dryer was broken and it was raining, so they just draped stuff around the room! What on earth was that one lady thinking to not highlight the view?! 

I am pleased that the guest judges are not shy about disagreeing with Michelle. The right two went.

• Like 1

iirc Michelle and Matthew have known each other since college, they are great together and both very successful in the design world. I am with Matthew re the yellow sofa.

Compare that to a long line of unqualified guest judges on Project Runway whose only contribution was whether they would/wouldn't wear something or liked a colour. It's like me down the car dealership 😏

• Like 1

I initially didn't expect Ry to go, but out of the 4 who were on the couch I am afraid the was the obvious choice. Peter did great stuff with the branding for the store even if his 'sculptural' chairs weren't that good. Monika did the multi purpose furniture - I liked the idea but the execution, especially the fold out tables, didn't look that sturdy. Jack did well with the handbag-gallery.

Temi and Tom did the best shop transform on this show by a mile. And how lovely that they were able to express their opinions without taking it personal or getting catty.

So our lovely hairy builder with the big beard is Pierce and Wayne is an old favourite who was in the orange shirt this week. No Steward, poor lad probably needs a lie down after the first few challenges.

• Like 1

I would have ousted Monika. She has not been a great performer throughtout the competition, whereas Ry has been more successful. I hated the cheap look of her fold out furniture and no way will they ever get used as tables. She also messed up the paint and had her usual timing issues. And that trellis with the fake ivy was abysmal! Maybe they didn't want it to be only one woman left already. 

So bummed it is only going to be 8 episodes. Was it always that short. It should be 10!

Yeah, no builder love for me this week! Wah! It seems like they kind of "highlight" one of them each episode.

• Like 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, BellaBabe2022 said:

It’s amazing that Monica, and so many others, are so stuck on what they like personally, instead of doing what’s best for the space and client. 

Word. Although I think, in the real world, interior designers have their comfort zones and would not neccessarily take on jobs that aren't in their wheelhouse. However, this show is set to test them on the ability to put their stamp on different projects, adapting their styles to the briefs.

It would've been brilliant if she had done some dark academia version of beach. Going back to the first challenge, she did brilliantly not overwhelming the space in goth, but the dark window vignette looked great.
Even with the shitty brief she had, she could've gone way younger than Edwardian parlor.

I am so underwhelmed in general with those beach hut episodes, enough with them already. Between this show and its predecessor (Interior Design Challenge) I have seen those redone 3-4 times and it always looks shite. Thankfully it wasn't the themey cliche diorama we were treated to last year.
And they should've made the designers put all the furniture back into the hut to show how good their storage really is. They'd be filled to the rafters, if it even fit, and would you really want to spend an hour putting things out or away when you go down to the beach? Or when you are caught out by a sudden bout of rain?

I would have sent Tom packing. That wall panelling was a decent idea, but the painted result was gruesome. Why did nobody flip the kitchen area to the side (with keeping the sing in the same corner) and have the seating on the back wall? They were allowed to paint the outside in bright colours? None of the other chalets had those. I need to find out if they've been painted over afterwards.

Anyone else got a little bored with Temi and lovely Steward overusing the 'she looks beautiful' for their furniture? So grating.

Edited by Aulty
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, Aulty said:

Anyone else got a little bored with Temi and lovely Steward overusing the 'she looks beautiful' for their furniture? So grating.

I was commenting to my partner how endearing I thought it was that she kept saying that. But I can totally see it being grating too. 

It is obvious Monica could do literally nothing to a space and Michelle would still pick someone else for elimination. 

Laurence’s choice of a black (navy?) quilted dressing gown for the beach says everything about why he raved about Monica’s color scheme despite the brief. 

Loved the painter laughing when Tom asked her if it looked Caribbean. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, oldCJ said:

I was commenting to my partner how endearing I thought it was that she kept saying that. But I can totally see it being grating too.

I missed how and when it sprung up, but I hear it all the time on YouTube. It's cute, but so overused.  Thrice within  10 min to describe what was the same piece of furniture was a bit much.

• Like 2

I am just hoping my boyfriend Steward got extra $$ cuz he had some lines! His aviator shades were looking good on him too. 😍

I didn't really care for any of the beach huts. Why did Temi make a changing station but then paint over the mirror?! How is Monika still in this competition? Even she is shocked at this point! I do like Jack, and was sad to hear he has cystic fibrosis, but his chalet felt overwhelming to me color-wise. Tom was crazy to put a huge cabinet in there, but I was still mad at Peter for his Ibiza nonsense in the first episode, so I don't mind his leaving. 

I did not notice them calling the furniture "she," but I do rage at Michelle not being able to speak without the phrases "kind of," "sort of" or "little bit" in almost every sentence. I've noticed this has creeped into a lot of the UK shows. Once I started noticing it, I can't un-notice it. Of Peter's mural she said: "It's sort of hand drawn which I kind of like." Huh? And that he hung the beach chairs on "Little, kind of, pegs" while Monika used "a few, kind of, hooks" ...no Michelle, they were just pegs and hooks!!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!! 🤣

Last year's winner Banjo has his own show out. Designing the Hebrides is him and his husband redesigning homes on the Isle of Mull in Scotland, where he lives. Its on BBC 2 Wednesdays, but all episodes are already available on iPlayer. Comes with special appearance of our Pierce ;-)

The Guardian reviewer really liked it.

Edited by Aulty
  • Like 1

Whoever was in charge of editing this episode should've been the one to go home.

An hour of Monika whining about the garden and doing her own thing, with Jack on a loop of 'bringing the outside in',  just for another plywood enthusiast to be sent packing. Plywood in a kitchen for an elegant brief? And nobody managed to get a stack of tile decals to cover that puce crime against ceramics?
On the plus side, Monika's room did look great (she alone didn't use ply) and Tom is the antidote to the average strong-headed team challenge contestant. I liked the chairs he chose for the dining area. Temi, bless her, but I think her projects started to look very similar.

I watch Laura Caldwell on Youtube. She is an interior designer, mid centry modern enthusiast, does a lot of thrifting and probably would've broken down sobbing seeing those four (with Michelle's blessing, no less) paint over the beautiful A frame beams. She loves that architecture and would've 100% celebrated it.

• Like 1

I was surprised they were even allowed to paint the beams. Nothing really blew me away this epsiode. Tom's sheer wall treatment was the closest thing to a wow factor. And oof, those kitchens! All the plywood! That black vinyl wrap Temi almost put over the kitchen tiles! The swing! Taxidermy! The judges were struggling to find positives. Temi was clearly lost without my builder boyfriend to help her this week. 🤣

I do hope Jack come back into form and Monika goes next week as I don't think she has done enough throughout the series to be a semi-finalist. 

On 4/11/2023 at 9:16 AM, Aulty said:

Last year's winner Banjo has his own show out. Designing the Hebrides is him and his husband redesigning homes on the Isle of Mull in Scotland, where he lives. Its on BBC 2 Wednesdays, but all episodes are already available on iPlayer. Comes with special appearance of our Pierce ;-)

The Guardian reviewer really liked it.

I'm not surprised. He may have been the most talented person to ever compete on the show. I loved the way that he really thought about the functionality of the spaces that he designed. That was most clear when they were tasked with redesigning a bar.

Jack still being upset about being on the couch last week annoying. I actually thought that the criticism that Michelle delivered last week was some of the best advice that she has delivered in the history of the show. She has a tendency to handle the designers with kid gloves. It's good that Jack has confidence in his vision, but based on his whinging, it didn't seem like he absorbed any of the information that Michelle gave him. 

I like Temi,but I understand why she was cut. The swing was a good idea, but she should have included a backdrop, because that is just the type of thing that people would gravitate towards to take pictures.

I didn't get either of Monica's areas. Even though the area was very scenic, I don't think that I would be comfortable in the bedroom. I did find Tom's design to be very relaxing, but it is funny that Temi and Jack were being punished for not doing anything to the natural wood, while Monica's decision to do a gothic animal sanctuary was fine.

Ugh why do I keep watching? The only contestant I can think of who was as undeserving of making it to the finale as Monica was series one with Cassie and her ratty lace and puke greens. Not sure why I am at all surprised Michelle favored yet another barely competent white woman with zero taste or time management skills.
Poor Tom. 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, oldCJ said:

Ugh why do I keep watching? The only contestant I can think of who was as undeserving of making it to the finale as Monica was series one with Cassie and her ratty lace and puke greens.

Good grief, Cassie.

Jack did well, but such a shame about that VIP area. He could've zoned that with colour at least. Even I have heard of Japandi and know that it was a trend these past few years. He was really confident painting the washing station. I LOVED the lamps he used over the colouring station, was it?.

Tom and Monika, I've fallen out of love with both a bit. And Jack looks very much the frontrunner anyway. Tom's salon, because his mural was so underwhelming there wasn't much else to cheer for. If that front counter had a thick conrete slab on top, anything stone is probably out of budget. I did like the aubergine colour he picked.
Monika's I liked, but Michelle is right, fake plants need to go. You don't need to water them, but the dust! The curve of the golden paint job behind the washing station looked a bit wobbly (as did the curve on Tom's counter btw)

Overall, this was mainly a decorating job, wasn't it? No big builds? And where is Steward?

• Like 1

Jack deserved to go through as I do think his space looked good and they can easily zhuzh up the VIP area. Side note: I just had to look up how the heck to spell zhuzh! 

I'm gutted about Tom. He was doing so well. He did get the hardest space, with all that exposed wall AND it was two floors. I guess he just wasn't feeling it. I would much rather have seen him in the finale over Monika. Especially after he kept shouting PIVOT! PIVOT!! when they moved the front desk. (My favorite Friends epsiode!)

I was hoping they would axe Monika for using fake plants and having crappy lighting, which are huge sins. Her space was pretty lackluster too, so they could have easily based it on the their whole portfolio of work and kept Tom.  

7 hours ago, Aulty said:

And where is Steward?

Thanks for caring during this difficult time. 🤣 He has been missing for 2 episodes, and if he doesn't turn up next week, I will be quite concerned!

Just a heads up... I noticed a new program called Big Interiors Battle has started. Haven't watched yet but I intend to!

AJ Odudu hosts, as eight up-and-coming designers battle it out to win a two-bed apartment of their own worth a staggering £250k, mortgage-free, in a high-end converted factory complex in Sheffield. Each week, the contestants are challenged to transform a different room in the flat, to be judged by Dara Huang, an American architect and entrepreneur, who will push their creativity to the limits. 

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Just a heads up... I noticed a new program called Big Interiors Battle has started. Haven't watched yet but I intend to!

Thanks for the heads up. Interesting concept, and they did give them an unheard of 4 days and decent budget (they have to sort out flooring though) to complete the first challenge, although they didn't show much of the actual building process. I didn't agree with the first elimination (the lad with the vinyl floor and mirrors everywhere was my least favourite).