Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E11: Three Weddings and a Musical

Bort

While Steve babysits, DJ, Steph and Kimmy head to a wedding expo and wind up walking the runway. Jackson and Ramona audition for the school play.

Airdate: Tuesday, June 2, 2020

I actually am planning a wedding and have been desperately trying to avoid wedding cliches, so Steph calling DJs wedding "the pumpkin space latte" of weddings had me dying. I have so seen that wedding! 

Yeah, I kind of figured that the triple wedding might be a bit of a mess, the three of them are all so different.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Yeah, so, let me just re-hash part of this episode:

A Latina girl gets edged out at an audition she worked really hard for because the director sees something special in a white boy who didn't try or care. Then, the lesson is that she shouldn't complain, because the white boy -- despite not trying or caring -- is really, really talented, and talented people deserve rewards, even when their talent is totally passive.

Cool show.

• Love 2
On 6/19/2020 at 11:34 AM, SourK said:

Yeah, so, let me just re-hash part of this episode:

A Latina girl gets edged out at an audition she worked really hard for because the director sees something special in a white boy who didn't try or care. Then, the lesson is that she shouldn't complain, because the white boy -- despite not trying or caring -- is really, really talented, and talented people deserve rewards, even when their talent is totally passive.

Cool show.

I saw the lesson being more like learning that just because you tried harder doesn't mean you're right for a role, and that Ramona has to get comfortable with rejection if she wants to pursue entertainment.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I saw the lesson being more like learning that just because you tried harder doesn't mean you're right for a role, and that Ramona has to get comfortable with rejection if she wants to pursue entertainment.

What I got from the lesson. Plus, also showing that sometimes you have hidden talent you should be exploring more with Jackson. Sad to say, the course of the series, they have portrayed Jackson as thinking he is dumb, when he isn't. I mean he found out he was pretty good at football, he is a major tech guy and he can sing very well. Plus, he's also very good at games both board and thinking games. 

Granted, DJ was in the "all kids need to go to college", however as shown, Jackson has other options he not only can explore, but can pursue as a great career.

• Love 2