Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Hard Knock Life

jewel21
  • Start Topic

An exhibition 7-on-7 rematch of the Beverly Eagles vs. South Crenshaw creates tension for all the players, but especially when Darnell proposes a bet that Spencer can’t refuse. Jordan realizes that he needs help and turns to Billy and Laura for support. Olivia and Asher are trying to figure out what the future for them means. Meanwhile, Coop turns to Layla for help with her song and to get in good with Layla’s dad, but Coop isn’t prepared for what she hears.

Airdate: 11/18/2019

So kneeling down during a game initiates a forfeit?  Is this real, or something they just made up?  I always thought that just meant the ball was dead at that spot.  I thought that Spencer was kneeling to of course avoid another violent collision, and that maybe the clock was about to run out and he had just decided to not score the touchdown so that it would be a tie.  I still don't know why having Corey get a terminal illness was determined to be the best storyline.  I hope it isn't based on something that happened to the real Spencer in high school!  (I imagine they play pretty loose with that except for the initital premise though.)

I'm sure they want to portray the negative influence that boosters can have, though more often in college, I think, but this storyline has gotten way over the top and super-annoying.  Cliff doesn't need to just get a life (as I kept yelling out at him at the beginning of the episode), but he is a downright sicko getting all giddy about illegal hits and fights among teenagers.  It's like the network told them they needed some mustache-twirling villain to go along with all the villains they have on their many superhero shows.  I'm glad that Billy is not at all intimidated by him.

I'm glad that Jordan actually did something responsible so that his interview about being a leader wasn't quite as phony.  I wonder what will happen when Simone's parents find out she is pregnant.

How long until Patience somehow runs into Layla's dad and finds out that he wants to work with her and Coop didn't tell her?  I felt bad for Coop when she had the setback again, but at least her life isn't in danger all the time like last season.

• Love 5

This show really needs to give Coop a win.

I like that daughter was not having booster dad’s bullshit.  A little unrealistic, but still.  He was so far over the top.

I hope Billy and Laura can work it out.  If for nothing else because Olivia needs them.

• Love 1
On 11/23/2019 at 10:49 AM, mojoween said:

This show really needs to give Coop a win.

On 11/19/2019 at 5:17 AM, KWalkerInc said:

How long until Patience somehow runs into Layla's dad and finds out that he wants to work with her and Coop didn't tell her?

Poor Coop. She’s always the sidekick and never the star. I hope her lie of omission doesn’t come back to bite her in the butt. But of course it will. 

On 11/19/2019 at 5:17 AM, KWalkerInc said:

So kneeling down during a game initiates a forfeit?  Is this real, or something they just made up?  I always thought that just meant the ball was dead at that spot

I’ve never heard of this either. But my football playing kids were happy to see Some football again. 

No, I don’t like the creepy booster. But I like Rochelle. I haven’t totally figured her out yet, but she’s trying to redeem herself and become a friend to Spencer. 

On 11/23/2019 at 10:49 AM, mojoween said:

I hope Billy and Laura can work it out.  If for nothing else because Olivia needs them.

Yeah, I like them better together than apart. I’m glad Laura finally spoke and said that it isn’t her fault Jordan was having unprotected, casual sex with multiple partners. He needs to be screened for HIV and STIs. 

And she good be cruel and remind Billy that this was also during the time he went AWOL and and abandoned his kids. 

• Love 1