Type keyword(s) to search

Here Comes the Judge

Let's talk about our favorite/least favorite judges on The Good Wife!

I'm rewatching season 5 right now, and I'm really digging Jeffrey Tambor. His character is a little snarky, but he's the easily the most realistic judge I've seen so far. I mean realistic insofar as he resembles an actual human being; I do enjoy the zanier judges, don't get me wrong, but sometimes they veer a little too far toward being nothing but a collection of quirks. In my opinion. (Although I do love the Ana Gasteyer judge, too)

I also really enjoyed John Michael Higgins as a mediator; I hope there's more need for mediation in the future.

Oh, that's right! I forgot about that cliffhanger at the end of the last episode. That would be extremely exciting, and not just because his character seems very much the opposite of Nathan Lane's Clark Hayden - having the two of them work together on a case could be magical.

My favorite judge is probably Ana Gasteyer. It never fails to crack me up, especially when L/G/F/A knows the secret and then asks opposing counsel "is that in your opinion?" garnering crazy looks. 

I also get a kick out of Dennis O'Hare's character. 

• Love 1

I just finished watching season 5 (up to now) on Amazon because I had several snow days of being stuck inside and now I'm mad that I'm caught up to live and I don't know how to watch this show without watching 5 (or more, don't judge me!) episodes in a row... Anyway on point, I like Tambor a lot, I also am a big fan of Denis O'Hare mostly because MORE O'HARE ALWAYS! But his character on this show is great also.