Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Never No More

jewel21
  • Start Topic

Spencer gives his Dad an ultimatum about his new player, but after talking to Jordan, Spencer has a better understanding of what is really bothering him. After Coop shows off her rapping skills at school, she becomes more confident in her ability and decides to enter a freestyle battle. Olivia reluctantly joins the So Cal Muse group with Laura’s encouragement, but Olivia learns that this might help create her own identity. Meanwhile, Layla is still not acting like herself and Spencer grows concerned after what he sees.

Airdate: 10.21.2019

I'm glad they didn't drag Spencer's decision out too long.  Of course he would stay at Beverly or else it would have been hard to integrate a lot of the characters into the show--it would change the premise and leave storylines too isolated.  It's nice, though perhaps far-fetched, that Chris is having such a quick recovery from his injury.  I wonder if he will come back and battle for the QB job later in the season.

I figured Coop was headed for a fall with the freestyle battle, but at least it hasn't deterred her too much.  The crowd seemed more horrified at the things the MC was saying about her instead of cheering him on, so that's good.

As soon as they highlighted Layla having large new bracelets, I knew where they were going with it.  I hope that Spencer and Olivia will not try to handle the whole situation themselves.

• Love 2
On 10/22/2019 at 12:08 AM, KWalkerInc said:

I'm glad they didn't drag Spencer's decision out too long.  Of course he would stay at Beverly or else it would have been hard to integrate a lot of the characters into the show--it would change the premise and leave storylines too isolated.  It's nice, though perhaps far-fetched, that Chris is having such a quick recovery from his injury.  I wonder if he will come back and battle for the QB job later in the season.

I figured Coop was headed for a fall with the freestyle battle, but at least it hasn't deterred her too much.  The crowd seemed more horrified at the things the MC was saying about her instead of cheering him on, so that's good.

As soon as they highlighted Layla having large new bracelets, I knew where they were going with it.  I hope that Spencer and Olivia will not try to handle the whole situation themselves.

I enjoyed the episode. This season has been well-written overall—more dramatic than last season, but it’s been addressing some real issues. It definitely feels like a CW show, but that’s okay. It’s like Riverdale with bigger stakes and more people of color.

Daniel Ezra is killing it this season. Spencer has had some touching, serious moments, and Daniel has brought me to the verge of tears several times. When he listened to Darnell talk about how much of a reliable rather Spencer’s dad had been to him growing up, you could see the pain on Spencer’s face. And I continue to be impressed with Daniel Ezra’s American accent. If any of his native Brit slips through, I haven’t noticed.

When Coop froze after being humiliated at the rap battle, the devastated look on her face reminded me that she’s a 16-year old kid, not an adult. But I’m glad she got over it and is continuing with her music career.

Poor Layla. Girl is hurting. It looks like they’re going to tackle her issues head on in the next episode. Head on — bad choice of words, I guess. 

• Love 4