Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E10: Something Big

(edited)

Well. I think this is a thesis on what becomes of living weapons whose existences are too dangerous for the world around them . . .  and all I can think of is, "You bastards killed Root Beer Guy!!!" For serious, they killed the amateur hard-boiled novelist-turned-leader of the Banana Guard. And you just know that Colonel Candy Corn is gonna try and "tap" Cherry Cream Soda. Very distressing, even with the awesomeness of the Tandem Psychic Elephants, or whatever they're called.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 1

Psychic Tandem War Elephant, sir.

This season's been interesting, to be sure, but all the drama and seriousness is beginning to turn me off just a bit. Don't get me wrong, I still love it, but it just seems to be getting real heavy up in here. We need more goofyness. That having been said, I still want to know where the hell Finns father is, dangit!

It's not so much the heaviness getting to me, I don't think. I'm down with heavy. But for me, it's been a bit much on the...I'm not even sure what I want to call it. Ominousness? Foreboding? They're clearly setting something up and, yes, it's heavy but it's also getting to a point of what feels to me like a lot of will this mean something later? are you paying close enough attention? and to a certain extent, I really like when shows reward me for paying attention, but I also sort of don't like feeling put on the spot about it? There's so much ambiguity, and I know the show has sort of always trafficked in that, and maybe it's just catching up to me more than the episodes themselves. I'm not quite sure. But it just seems like lots of little tiny clues as well as things that might be clues or might totally not and are just general quirkiness and I'm waiting for a wallop I assume is coming and it's giving me a general sense of unease. And I haven't decided yet whether that's a good thing.

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm not sure where this episode was really going, it did seem a bit zany to me.

I suspect Madja's ability to derive power from caring will interact with Finn eventually. We never really found out her true agenda, did we?

Edited by lathspel