Type keyword(s) to search

Cyril: Accounting For Everything

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Does anyone else think Cyril is starting to go crazy because Lana had archer baby?

I started to notice that he was acting TV/movie (when he took the baby and Lana to survival school) I am going to go crazy soon signs that all charcters do before they go nuts.

Does anyone else think Cyril is starting to go crazy because Lana had archer baby?

I started to notice that he was acting TV/movie (when he took the baby and Lana to survival school) I am going to go crazy soon signs that all charcters do before they go nuts.

I don't even think that Cyril or anyone else besides, Mallory, Archer, and Lana knows that AJ is Archer's daughter. 

I think Cyril definitely knows AJ is Archer's. Will he go crazy? Well he already kind of has, with his sex addiction and food addiction, back in the first couple of seasons, and with his megalomania when he got to be dictator in season 5.

I think he's generally just a creep. A mentally imbalanced (isn't everyone in this show?) creep who will turn out to be essentially harmless.

I believe everyone knows. Remember Lana needed a babysitter after Archer bailed on her?

I am going to say, that didn't prove to anyone that Archer is the father (although, I won't put pass them that they may suspect that Archer is the dad). All it meant was that Archer bailed on Lana after making a promise that he will watch AJ (which, is in character for Archer to do). 

It's in character, but is it in character for Lana to let Archer watch her child if the child wasn't also his? I don't think so, and I think everyone else realizes that as well. I think we'll see various members of the cast talk in future episodes about Archer being AJ's father without us seeing how/when they found out. My guess is that they found out on the plane ride home or shortly after.

Wasn't Mallory talking about being AJ's grandmother in front of Cyril and Ray in the second episode, where they were arguing over who would look after the kid should something happen to Archer and Lana? I think they all know who the dad is, if not the circumstances of the conception. 

But I do think Cyril is a nasty creep anyway, a lot of the time. It's weird, but between him and Archer, I often feel like Cyril is the one with the most hangups and unsettling attitudes about women. Didn't he blame women for his sex addiction, as though it was their fault for enticing him? He cheated on Lana repeatedly, he called her all sorts of unpleasant names when he found out she was pregnant. At least Archer doesn't pretend to be a nice, enlightened guy.

• Love 1

I never really liked Cyril but I think he's gotten noticeably creepier lately. Started a little but last year but they've definitely had enough hints throughout the series that it doesn't feel like a differtent character or anything. I would not be surprised to see him turn full on evil at some point.

The trick with Cyril is making him creepy but not TOO creepy. There is a fine line with all the characters. I like Cyril I think he is often funny. I thought he was great with Lana and the baby when he vowed to tap that again after being so sweet and during the elevator episode he was perfect as well. All the characters have a fine line between funny as hell and awkward.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 1