Type keyword(s) to search

Outlaw King (2018)

Athena
  • Start Topic

Co-written, produced, and directed by David Mackenzie. Stars Chris Pine, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Florence Pugh, Billy Howle, Sam Spruell, Tony Curran, Callan Mulvey, James Cosmo, and Stephen Dillane. Available on Netflix.

Thanks @Athena for creating this.

I could have sworn I'd seen a topic for this, but nope.

So, I saw it last night--after the way my best friend talked about how good it was! That it opened with people screaming that Wallace (he being William Wallace) was dead, and his leg and other body parts were being tossed about. Or something. And I recall reading in the biography about William Wallace, how after his death, that parts of his body had been flung to parts of Scotland, but were later recovered and put to rest in an abbey in Glasgow.

I had NO idea that Chris Pine or even Stephen Dillane were in this. I didn't see Duncan Lacroix or Stephen Cree in this, though they're credited. Must have been all that facial hair/beard hiding their faces.

But. Boring. BORINGBORINGBORRRRRRRRRRRRING.

As I posted in the Unpopular thread, watching this makes me want to go rewatch Braveheart. At least Angus MacFadyen's Robert the Bruce was more interesting. And at least Patrick McGoohan's King Edward made me laugh while I found him EVUHL and REVOLTING. Stannis Baratheon really disappointed me as King Edward.

And then that cheesy running to each other across the beach and hugging and kissing between Robert and Elizabeth? that would rival any cheesy Lifetime movie or Harlequin or Silhouette novel from the 80s. BLECH.🙄🙄🙄🙄

• Love 1

I'm about half-way through and still have no idea what the point of making this movie was. 

Also, what a dumb, horrible, very bad idea it was for Robert and Elizabeth to have sex for the first time before his planned battle. Yeah, yeah, life is short, but he was aware that he could be dunzo, so why risk having her end up pregnant with a traitor's child? If they'd been having sex before, fine, she could have just as well gotten pregnant previously so this time wouldn't have made much of a difference, but as it was? Dumb move. 

Edited by bijoux
On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 6:10 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Thanks @Athena for creating this.

I could have sworn I'd seen a topic for this, but nope.

So, I saw it last night--after the way my best friend talked about how good it was! That it opened with people screaming that Wallace (he being William Wallace) was dead, and his leg and other body parts were being tossed about. Or something. And I recall reading in the biography about William Wallace, how after his death, that parts of his body had been flung to parts of Scotland, but were later recovered and put to rest in an abbey in Glasgow.

I had NO idea that Chris Pine or even Stephen Dillane were in this. I didn't see Duncan Lacroix or Stephen Cree in this, though they're credited. Must have been all that facial hair/beard hiding their faces.

But. Boring. BORINGBORINGBORRRRRRRRRRRRING.

As I posted in the Unpopular thread, watching this makes me want to go rewatch Braveheart. At least Angus MacFadyen's Robert the Bruce was more interesting. And at least Patrick McGoohan's King Edward made me laugh while I found him EVUHL and REVOLTING. Stannis Baratheon really disappointed me as King Edward.

And then that cheesy running to each other across the beach and hugging and kissing between Robert and Elizabeth? that would rival any cheesy Lifetime movie or Harlequin or Silhouette novel from the 80s. BLECH.🙄🙄🙄🙄

This stank from the moment they cast Chris Pine as a Scotsman.

• Love 1