Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Fortress of Solitude

ohjoy
  • Start Topic

Ha!  So she DID go to Spelman - but maybe she only went for 2 years and then dropped out?

They need to flesh this out.  But from what I can gather - her sister (?) did finish and is now a doctor and Nicole is the "screw up".

I ... have sympathy.

Still not totally sold on the actress but she's getting better.  I'm trying to understand how they found all of these brown-skinned actresses for bit parts - but yet they still couldn't manage to ... nevermind ... but now that we see her sister - I'm struggling with the casting even more.

The story is definitely good - and I'm REALLY intrigued.  Those ghosts at the end of ep1?  The stuff going on at Biona?

I forgot the dude's name already but he's played by Jason Ritter - he's dorky and sweet and awkward.

I'm still mad about the casting but this show is really good.

• LOL 1

Dork and sweet and awkward is Jason Ritter's brand.

I am loving this show and I can't believe I didn't watch it sooner. I kept hearing how it was great, but I imagined it being just one more of the market glut of superhero shows, mostly action and thrills, and it's not that I don't like them, but I can only watch so many before I need to watch something else.

But this show is totally different than all of that.

And the kid is great! We can debate casting of the adults, but the kid is a real find, I think.

• Love 3

I started watching this yesterday, and I'm glad that I did. Overcast Sunday afternoon, and was there waiting in my list. 🙂 I'm enjoying it.

I wasn't expecting his dad to show up - the ghosts were spooky, and I wonder if they're really ghosts, or something else.

• Love 2