Type keyword(s) to search

Big Brother Lexicon: BB Doublespeak

Kromm
  • Start Topic

14 hours ago, Kromm said:

6 years later and this is STILL the one that disgusts me the most. I still cringe whenever I hear this crap phrase.

Ha! I got notification and I’m like “did I pocket post there? Why am I getting notification?” That lexicon still stands! 

• LOL 2

Initial slang update:

AFP = America's Favorite Player 

AG = Allison Grodner, Executive Producer of Big Brother.

ATEOTD = At the End Of the Day

BB = Big Brother

BBRK = Big Brother RoadKill.  Power to name an additional nominee for eviction, and - if original nominee is removed by Power of Veto - the replacement nominee.

BEC = Bitch Eating Crackers.  Someone you dislike so much, all they could be doing is eating crackers and it would annoy the hell out of you.

BOTB = Battle Of the Block

BOTH \ BOHH = Blood On Their Hands \ Blood On His/Her Hands

DE = Double Elimination episode (occasional Thursday night episodes only).  Following a standard eviction vote, a highly-compressed session where an entire normally week-long HoH cycle (HoH competition / nominations / Power of Veto comp / PoV meeting / 2nd eviction of the night) takes place within a single episode).

DPoV = Diamond Power of Veto; same as a normal (Golden) Power of Veto, except the holder of a DPoV also has the power to name the replacement nominee, if required.

GBM = Goodbye message.  Recorded video messages left by remaining houseguests to recent evictees.

HG = HouseGuest (BB slang for a player/contestant).

HoH = Head of Household 

IIWII = "It is what it is" - a phrase acknowledging the redundant nature of reality.  Or something else.  Fuck all if *I* know.

JBB = Jury Buy-Back.  A competition allowing the previously-evicted members of the Jury to win re-entry back into the House as a reinstated Houseguest.

JH = Jury House.  Sequestration residence for evicted Houseguests joining the Jury.

KMNOTM = Keep(ing) My Name Outta Their Mouth(s).  A houseguest’s express desire that another houseguest or group of houseguests stop talking about them (see MNITM).

MNITM = My Name In Their Mouth(s).  A houseguest’s reference to another houseguest or group of houseguests mentioning them in conversation, especially if the mention is in an undesirable game context.

OTB = On the Block (I.e., nominated for eviction)

POS = Piece of Shit

PoV = Power of Veto; common reference to the Golden Power of Veto, wherein the houseguest who wins it (a) can take a current Block nomination off the Block and (b) are themselves immune from being selected as a replacement Block nominee.

RT = Round Trip ticket.  An eviction veto device which, if possessed by a newly evicted HouseGuest, permits him/her immediate re-entry to the House for continued uninterrupted game play.

TH = Talking Head.  Short Diary Room video clips of individual houseguests, commonly used in the broadcast episodes to narrate episode events.

UTB = (thrown) Under the Bus

VWTH = Vote/Voting With The House

WTBS = "With that being said..." - a phrase used to indicate total contradiction with everything else stated up to that point.

WWTSMHOHR = "Who wants to see my HoH room?"  A silly question, never answered honestly.

—————————————————

References to House interior (all rooms downstairs unless specified otherwise):

BA - main bathroom.

BR - bedroom; multiple bedrooms distinguished by a single-letter prefix (ex. BBR = “blue bedroom”).

BY - back yard.

DN - dining room.

DR - Diary Room (for Production/HG interactions).  Production-lockable door.

FD / FOTH - front door / front of the House.  Primary access point for HG entry, and evictee exit.

HNR - Have-Not bedroom.

HOHR - HoH room; contains separate bedroom, shower, tub and toilet, and vanity.  Only HG-lockable door. (upstairs)

JS - the “Jack Shack”, a scenery-disguised Port-a-Potty in the far corner of the BY behind the swimming pool.

KIT - kitchen.

LR - living room.

MW - Memory Wall.

PB - room next to HOHR variably used for Pandora’s Box, Co-HoH BR, season-specific challenges,  etc. (upstairs)

SR - storage room/pantry.  Production-lockable door.

WC - water closet/toilet.

————-

In addition:

NNR - No-Name Room; early-season temporary generic reference for the one room in the House without a fixed name - the discussion room off the hall between the downstairs bathroom and the kitchen/dining area.  Name and reference changes every season, depending upon decor and use.  Past references include:

• APSR - Austin Powers Sex Room
  • GM - Geometry Room
  • etc., etc.
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1

Porting this over from Survivor, as it appears to have application in BB as well:

—————-

Destiny: a player who believes/plays as if winning the game is somehow their foreordained destiny.  Destinies tend to:

1. Alternate between playing way too hard and not playing at all, with no in-between gear.
  2. Rub their hands together and cackle with glee “Everything’s going according to My Plan”,  even when they had zero input into or effect upon the current round of unfolding events.
  3. Take inordinate offense whenever anybody else - ally or not - has the unmitigated gall to PLAY THEIR OWN GAME in a manner which does not directly benefit the Destiny’s own game.
  4. Undertake personal vendettas based on the above #3, and nothing more.
  5. Cannot acknowledge a simple adversarial relationship as “game”, and must instead paint the other player(s) as “wrong” or “evil”.
  • Like 4

Said: "I have to do what's best for my own game."

Meaning: "Even though I am HoH, the people who are running the game and barely bother to pretend they're aligned with me have pressured me into backdooring my fellow Outcast, who is the only player in the game who actually has my back."

Looking right at you, Bowie Jane.  Looking right at you.

Said:  "I'm working with Aethelred and Bruno, but we haven't settled on a name for the alliance yet."

Meaning:  "I'm too stupid to realize that Aethelred and Bruno have a Final Two with each other, but our 'Final Three' isn't worth the DR sessions the show barely gives me.  Aethelred and Bruno also have similar bogus 'Final Three' agreements with Cornelia and (separately) Dolores, as well as a fake 'Final Four' with the showmance couple, Englebert and Fantasia.  (Or  ‘Fanglebert', as they call themselves)."

• LOL 3
  • Love 1