Type keyword(s) to search

A Little Late with Lilly Singh - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I really like Lilly. Having said that her first show was way too busy for the amount of time it's on air for. It's weird that the budget got reduced for Carson's old show to the point where he was using different businesses to introduce previously filmed segments for years. Now they are throwing more money towards Lilly's new show which I'm glad is occurring. When Carson first started he had a studio setup like that too.

I didn’t enjoy the first show which is to be expected with most new talk shows because they need to get settled but I don’t think I will stick around but might check in in a few weeks. Lilly is pretaping  most of the shows for the year in three months so I worry that she won’t find her footing and that they will be so self contained because she as a personality doesn’t really do it for me.

• Love 1

I watched the Tracy Ellis Ross episode and I'm not sure what to make of the show so far.  One thing that stood out for me was the space between guest and the host.  The seating between the guest couch and host desk seems to be farther away than with other talk shows.  It didn't give me that air of comfortableness that a host should have with a guest.  The cause for the large space might be because of the unusual shape of the desk or the monitor which admittedly allows visual stimulus for conversation.  It just seemed off to me.

I want to like her. I truly do. It is just really painful to watch. There's way too much going on for a half hour show. They're trying to compress an hour long show into a half hour. It feels very rushed and her interview skills need some work. The interview with Mindy Kaling showed some promise but she needs to tone down the Jimmy Fallon-esque fawning over the guest. 

If they're taping the rest of the episodes right away, yikes. She's not going to find her footing.

They need to decide what direction they're taking this in. Is this for YouTube clips or is this to set her up as a legit host? Right now it is very disorganized.

On 10/15/2019 at 9:39 AM, PikaScrewChu said:

If they're taping the rest of the episodes right away, yikes. She's not going to find her footing.

Apparently that was something she asked for because of wanting to work on other projects but I really think it’s doing her a great disservice.

2 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Apparently that was something she asked for because of wanting to work on other projects but I really think it’s doing her a great disservice.

I could see that as working if they were going to continue with the same setup Carson had. Going back to an in studio interview type show is where block taping doesn't work. I've only watched a handful of episodes since Lilly took over because the rushed nature isn't something I want to see not long before going to bed.

I happened to actually pay attention to the show tonight. Sometimes I have it on in the background with the sound up a bit for background noise after I watch Seth. Lilly was telling jokes about things that happened this week which made me wonder about the filming schedule. The clapping that seemingly occurs almost every time someone finishes speaking is driving me crazy. 

• Love 1