Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Episode 8

Terrific mini-series, very well-done, liked how the detectives were meticulous and persistent.

I never watch procedurals like CSI but I think this is much more than that, kind of shows why these detectives pursued this case.  Grace mocks the women-bond thing but maybe male detectives would have given up, especially if they never connected the way Karen and Grace did.

I kept wondering if the detectives would connect with Marie, but that didn't seem likely, they don't have jurisdiction.  

Did the Lynwood cops never collect DNA?  I get that rape victims have a huge obstacle to get over to be believed by cops.  On the one hand, they just wore her down making her do her statement over and over again.  I can understand why she wanted to get over this.

But once she recanted she wasn't cooperative with anyone, including the foster mothers.  She only tells the therapist at the end because she'd gained her trust.  However when there was another case in the area and one foster mother wanted her to follow through with it, Marie was shut down.  Again she went through an ordeal but maybe if she tried once again with the police, the detectives in different PDs might have been able to connect and engage the FBI, maybe the rapist never gets to Colorado.

She lost friendships but the guy friend, she shut out.  Maybe she also broke things off with the foster mothers as well.  Did she go to see the detective as portrayed here or was that something they added?  The detective was contrite, especially after he saw the evidence in Colorado.  But while Marie didn't come to boast, her "do better" remark, as well as how she mistrusted everyone makes you wonder if she's somewhat insufferable.

Her call to Karen seemed heartfelt, about how her faith in humanity was restored and all that but that seems a little too pat and I don't know if people change the way they think so drastically.

Just finished binge watching.  Loved it.  Wish there was another season of Toni and Merritt on another case.  

I can't belieive Kaitlyn Dever and Merritt Weaver didn't get Emmy nominations.  I like Toni Collette and shes' good here, but if there was only one nomination to be had, it should have gone to Kaitlyn first and Merritt second.