Type keyword(s) to search

Shakespeare on Carnival Row

Razzberry
  • Start Topic

I'm no expert on Shakespeare, but have noticed some connections with names.   Perhaps they're clues, or more likely, the writers just having fun, but here's what I have so far. 

"Puck" is an adorable fairy/shapeshifter who loves pranking people and creating chaos in Midsummer Night's Dream,  "Philostrate" is 'Master of Revels' , a bigass party planner in the same play.  "Egeus" is another character, though the spelling is only similar to the horny neighbor.

"Imogen" is the King's morally pure daughter in Cymbeline and is married to the exiled Posthumus.  After some dirtbag lies to him about banging her, Posthumus arranges to have her whacked.

There must be more!

• Love 2

Yes, they are definitely referencing Shakespeare. Midsummer Night's Dream in particular. 

Makes me wonder if the creature in the tunnel will turn out to be 2.) The horned god version of Oberon (The great stag as the male leader of the fae -- a nasty piece of work in some tales) or b.) A Caliban-like creature.

• Love 1