Type keyword(s) to search

The Sing-Off Season 4

Does anyone besides me watch The Sing Off? This season has some serious problems, weird ass scheduling being chief among them. However, it still features talented and good natured people doing what they love, and Ben Folds is a national treasure. 

Plus, I get to recycle my "Stay out of it, Nick Lachey" gifs. 

If anyone is watching, who do you want to win? Any groups you think went home too early? Now that Filharmonic is out, I'm rooting for Vocal Rush. 

I'm not sure how they did it in the first season (or two?), but I remember it being a short holiday-time season at one point, and then they had tried to extend it to a longer run, so I guess they were trying to go back to the previous schedule this year.  I should have DVRed it to begin with and keep forgetting, so I've missed several nights already.

In general I'm not as excited about the groups this season as last time, and Jewel is fine, but I miss Sara Bareilles as a judge.  I do really like Vocal Rush, so I hope they win it, but I think the faster pace might be contributing to my caring less.

Yeah, it's hard to care when there are like 4-5 hours of show a week. That's just too much. It's always been a short show - under 10 eps a season - but it's never been over in two weeks before. Combine that with the random splitting into heats and too much messing with a good thing. And none of the groups this year excite me as much as Pentatonix did. I actually went to one of their concerts last winter, and it was really fun. I can't imagine paying money to see any of the groups this season. 

I think spreading the shows over the four weeks before Christmas (or at least three?) would work better. It was actually really nice to have something new to watch, without having to keep track of plot (plot hurts my head around holiday time. I blame family.). That said, I really thought Ten was going to win, although Home Free definitely had the "Jewel-love" going on. All three final groups were enjoyable. That said, I'm hoping it's renewed for next winter...

Is any one else as distracted as I am by Jewel's tortured breasts? She has those things so pushed up and taped and squeezed so high that I am worried they will deflate like a balloon if she moves to fast.

Was this season worth watching? I caught the first episode, turned my back for a second, and all of a sudden, I've got like 6 hours piled up in the queue. Even fast-forwarding through the non-singy bits, that's a lot to get through.

I had never seen the show before this season, but i enjoyed it.  It was a perfect companion to wrapping presents and writing Christmas cards (especially during the Christmas-themed finale?).  I loooooved Ten's performance of "Skyfall", but their next performance didn't excited me.  "I'm alright" was also awesome, and made me like Home Free a little bit more.  However, it was so short that now it ended before i even remembered this forum.  

And linlorn, yes, wow, that was a lot of Jewel boob to look at.

I enjoyed it, but not as much as last season. If you fast forward all the talking, you can get through the hour episodes in about 20 min, and the 2 hour ones in about 45. There is a lot of talking.

And a lot of Jewel's breasts. 

I was just reading some blog recaps of S4 that were actually interviews with Deke Sharon, and he mentioned an Ultimate Sing-Off that had been prepared for the show but was never performed. It was Home Free and Voice Play doing "Survivor", but as zombies and hillbillies. They ended up filming it and putting it on Voice Play's YouTube channel:

Edited by Sharpie66