Type keyword(s) to search

Utopia In The Media

Amazon Studios announced today that it has greenlit a straight-to-series order for Utopia from award-winning Gillian Flynn, the best-selling author and screenwriter of Golden Globe nominated Gone Girl and HBO's highly anticipated Sharp Objects. Flynn has also inked an overall deal with Amazon Studios across television, marking Utopia as the first project. Utopia will be available exclusively on Prime Video in more than 200 countries and territories. Utopia is based on the British series of the same name written by Dennis Kelly. The series is a co-production between Endemol Shine North America and Kudos, an Endemol Shine Group UK production studio, and Amazon Studios. A group of young adults, who meet online, are mercilessly hunted by a shadowy deep state organization after they come in to possession of a near mythical cult underground graphic novel - they discover the conspiracy theories in the comic's pages may actually be real and are forced in to the dangerous, unique and ironic position of saving the world.  - from thefutoncritic

Media!

The comics - Dystopia and Utopia - do they actually exist? Has either one ever been shown completely? It seems that only bits and pieces of artwork have been displayed as part of bigger conspiracy board. When people are shown flipping through one of the comics, it only looks to be ten or so pages.  And there does not appear to be any dialogue or captions that a comic would normally have. 

Edited by shrewd.buddha
On 12/5/2020 at 12:30 PM, ottoDbusdriver said:

The UK version is far superior to the US version.

Gillian Flynn's half-assed attempt at making a US version was just terrible.

well, i tried one episode of the US version... while I'm sort of interested in Cusack's company's twist on this, yeah, I don't think I'll be continuing.

Such a lost opportunity for Amazon to continue the original, but 6(?) years is a long time to reassemble everyone involved, easier said than done. 😑