Type keyword(s) to search

TMZ On TV - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 10/22/2019 at 5:05 PM, junemeatcleaver said:

Van Lathan fired after spat with co-worker

Yet another story about TMZ's toxic work environment.

Holy shit!!! I had no idea, people often just disappear for a while on the show (vacations, sick, etc I guess), so I didn't think anything of it when he wasn't there. I would never have known if I didn't see your post. Van was a popular guy, it must have been pretty bad for them to actually fire him.

• Love 1

Well, this is supposedly video (click on the 2nd picture) of whatever it was that happened, but I don't see anything bad happening. There's also no sound, so no idea what was said. Watch Charles during the whole thing. He knows what's going on, & gets up after Van leaves.

According to Page Six, Van was fired because he put his hands on Michael, not because they argued. Apparently putting his hands on him was a big HR policy violation, so there was no choice. 

Insiders told us that Lathan — who shot to fame last year when he challenged Kanye West after the rapper said that slavery was “a choice” — wouldn’t have been fired if he hadn’t touched Babcock.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

My question is how did she get and keep the job in the first place?  

LOL, good question, she's incredibly stupid & barley barely coherent. And she still hasn't been back on the show.

Edited by GaT
Because you shouldn't call someone stupid & then misspell words
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, GaT said:
11 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

My question is how did she get and keep the job in the first place?  

LOL, good question, she's incredibly stupid & barley coherent. And she still hasn't been back on the show.

Additionally, she was almost always slovenly...the dictionary definition! For a minute she had some show of "her own" and must have come to the TMZ set with hair and make-up from that show.  She looked nice--VERY DIFFERENT!  That proved she had absolutely no respect for her TMZ job.  And us!

I had to cut some time-wasters from my day, so I broke up with Judge Judy, People's Court, and TMZ.  I don't think I've become more productive.

5 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Additionally, she was almost always slovenly...the dictionary definition! For a minute she had some show of "her own" and must have come to the TMZ set with hair and make-up from that show.  She looked nice--VERY DIFFERENT!  That proved she had absolutely no respect for her TMZ job.  And us!

I looked at her IG to see if she had posted anything about not being on the show anymore, & the latest post was from 8 hours ago & she looks good. Couldn't find anything about if she's still on the show though.

13 hours ago, GaT said:

I looked at her IG to see if she had posted anything about not being on the show anymore, & the latest post was from 8 hours ago & she looks good. Couldn't find anything about if she's still on the show though.

She looks great here; another demonstration of the respect she has for TMZ viewers.   That's probably what she looked like (a little) for her interview.

TMZ was definitely weird yesterday. It had old & new segments, & all the old segments had the same people you always see, but the new segments only had some of the people who stand. There were a few strangers sitting in the chairs, but they were mostly empty, & the camera stayed off of them most of the time. I wonder how much longer they plan on doing the show before they have to quarrantine.

I am officially in love with Bethenny Frankel. Not only did she go to Haiti years ago to help with disaster relief, she has currently raised 35 million for aid to the people of Ukraine. She is also planning to fly to the Ukraine with her daughter in the next few weeks. Yeah, she is really something!