Type keyword(s) to search

Your Hosts: Not using golf whispers

• Start Topic

Part of what makes this show so much fun for me is how Tessitore and Riggle approach the contestants. 

On a show like Wipeout, it feels like the hosts are making fun of the participants. Tessitore and Riggle are genuinely rooting for them. It just makes the whole tone of the show better.  

• Like 1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, highway61 said:

Tessitore and Riggle are genuinely rooting for them. It just makes the whole tone of the show better.  

And yet they’re also quick to poke fun at the contestants. But since it’s always good natured and done within the confines of performance on the course, it’s not mean-spirited. I love that it’s a wholesome show because of that!

• Like 1
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, TimothyQ said:

And yet they’re also quick to poke fun at the contestants. But since it’s always good natured and done within the confines of performance on the course, it’s not mean-spirited. I love that it’s a wholesome show because of that!

A couple good examples so far in season three would be the guy who went directly into the water on the flippers. Rob diagrammed it showing that the front flipper was all the way down and the back flipper was all the way up, and then showed the line the contestant took directly into the water.  Laughing with a "He couldn't have timed that any worse!"

And then in episode five the 57 year old tennis pro lady who slammed into the last rib and fell in the mud.  They were genuinely concerned about that fall. And then Rob finished with, "And that was all kind of unnecessary. She could have just dropped down into the mud, top half clean, and waded to the end. But thanks for the great footage!"

• Love 3

I love when Rob uses his hard earned Marine Corps methods to get something better than Joe, I have to laugh.   Remember when it was super cold (they film in the winter, from evening, to early in the morning), and both men were freezing, and Rob scored the producer's parka, and Joe was sitting there shivering.  That's when they shut down production for a day and a half, to build the heated and cooled announcer's booth.    They talked about it on a behind the scenes segment, and then Joe was too hot, and wanted the heat turned down. 

I saw Rob on Running Wild with Bear Grylls last night. His wife divorced him, he seemed pretty upset about it. He was preparing for a role as a mountain man in an upcoming dramatic film.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1