Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E13: The Outpost

• Start Topic

Episode Synopsis:

Mermaid mating season has begun, with Ryn knowing she will need to go back to the sea to help her colony. The hybrids convince one of the mermaids to come with them to a remote location, leading Helen and Ben on a hunt to find them. A journalist turns to Xander for help putting the pieces together of the night of the oil rig disaster, but Xander is torn on where his loyalties lie and what helping him could mean for his future.

Airdate: July 11, 2019

I'm glad that even though Xander still isn't a huge mer-fan, he told Calvin that Levi wasn't his personal bodyguard and that he needs to get a job like everyone else. I was pleasantly surprised (okay, shocked) when Calvin actually listened and started looking for a job. That was short lived  though because as soon as Calvin started whining about how he wasn't qualified and just wanted a job where he did nothing but got paid a lot, I was back to rolling my eyes at him.

Of course, Calvin's need for money (and desire to do as little work as possible) will inevitably lead to him selling out the mer-people. It's just a matter of time before his laziness and desperation both get high enough for him to do it.

Now who in Beth's group killed John so that he wouldn't spill any more secrets to Helen? Is Beth the kind of person who is willing to get her own hands dirty or did she have her kidnapping friend do it for her? And what exactly was she planning to do with Levi before Ben and Ryn got him the hell out of there?

I'm glad that Maddie found the cameras on Ben's boat because it was really creeping me out knowing that the military was watching them all the time.

• Love 2
On 7/12/2019 at 3:34 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Now who in Beth's group killed John so that he wouldn't spill any more secrets to Helen? Is Beth the kind of person who is willing to get her own hands dirty or did she have her kidnapping friend do it for her? And what exactly was she planning to do with Levi before Ben and Ryn got him the hell out of there?

I'm glad that Maddie found the cameras on Ben's boat because it was really creeping me out knowing that the military was watching them all the time.

My vote for suspect of both murders (Helen's dad, & John) is Lurch (Beth's henchman [or is that too obvious]).  Just because Beth said they weren't born yet when Helen's father *"ran off" doesn't mean she was telling the truth.  We don't know the lifecycle of the hybrids yet. *(Or as Beth stupidly let Helen lead her into an admission that Helen's father was murdered - Beth didn't answer the question of murder outright but as usual with her, she shifted the topic to how dangerous it was if the outside knew their secret - ergo Murder).

Nicole needs to let them know they've been monitored, before Ryn finds out her pod or school of Maddie & Ben have been recorded because shit's about to get real. I can't believe, Nicole (was she even in this episode) assigned a substitute perv on video detail. Nobody feels any remorse or guilt spying on people you want to trust you? 

What's up with Ben?  Big question.  Jealousy or protective? Does he want dibs on 1st conception?  It seemed okay with Levi.  I believe their custom is to let the female decide who she wants to mate with, in which case Ben can call shotgun and let Ryn decide.  It's very mature and loving of Maddie to empathize with Ben's desire to mate with Ryn and not feel any jealousy.  These three are setting the roles of a thruple relationship masterfully.  Think of the group not the individual.  All future thruples will need to follow roles and make them tradition for future thruples.

Why were the Hybrids so interested in Levi? I thought they needed him to breed with one of them, but there's no mating call for the Hybrids.  I assume they can breed with regular humans, so what's the deal? Sperm bank deposit for the future continuance of their species, just in case?