Type keyword(s) to search

Shōgun In The Media

• Start Topic

2 Additional Seasons Ordered

Will these be flashbacks filling in plot points hinted at before???

Or end up in Game Of Thrones territory where source material is ether????

• Like 1

Long live Lady Fuji! I hope. If they continue to draw on history for inspiration, Tokugawa had many years and quite a bit more intrigue before he had total power and all his rivals were eliminated.

• Like 1

2 seasons of Church v Bordello would be hilarious...

All conversations would happen Home Improvement style across a giant  backyard hedge... 

• Like 1

I'm cautiously optimistic given that the show is definitely in the top 20 shows of this century thus far. Having Sanada back in his dual role, the showrunners back, and at least two of the writers are as well. The story of the rise of the Shogun paired with the rise of Edo (Tokyo) has a lot of meat for storylines. I also hope that the two season order stays that way. Three seasons sounds good to me.

Normally I'm like, Hollywood learns the wrong lesson from original things in that they think ppl want more of that orig thing and not different orig things, but there are exceptions, esp for something as finely constructed as this show. But let's also have more diff original things too!!!!

• Like 3

Happy to see the TCA nominations for Shogun (Program of the Year and Outstanding Achievement in Drama.  And Outstanding New Program). Anna Sawai and Hiroyuki Sanada are competing against each other for Individual Achievement in Drama.  Glad it isn't gendered, but at the same time Waaahhhh.

• Like 2

The show won some serious hardware at the Emmy's last night, including Outstanding Drama Series.

Anna Sawai and Hiroyuki Sanada each won Lead Actress/Actor in a Drama Series

Outsanding Directing in a Drama Series for Frederick E.O. Toye

Shogun also won a bunch of Creative Arts Emmys as awarded last week for costuming, makeup, casting, sound editing... 

• Like 3