Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E11: Hell Hath No Fury

• Start Topic

It's nice to see Norman back on the Northwestern and looking healthy.  The whole family including Mandy pitching in.  I don't mind that Edgar is being kept out of sight.  Damn, dude, that girl was 16.  It'd be better if he was off the boat, but I'm glad we're not seeing him.

• Love 2

That wasn't even in the Top 5 of DC storms, maybe Top 10!   Good on the captains for being cautious, nonetheless.  Where was all the icing of the F/Vs?  Mike Rowe waaaaaay oversold this one.

I was super confused by the Saga.  IIRC, they were sitting on an all-time bio-mass.  Did they make a cannery run?  Were they not immediately turning around the pots as they were harvesting epic numbers?  I am certain I saw them doing that last week.  What was with the yooooge doubt on that first pot?  I am bumfuzzled.

Keith's long trip made little sense to me, as well.  This was like when Sig made that trek and got bupkis three or four years ago.  I don't much care for him, but Harley's got the smart approach - figure out where others are having success and then join the party.

• Love 1

These are experienced captains and they generally know what they can push through and what they can't - Casey suspended operations in each of the last two episodes because it was too dangerous.

This is all up by the Russian line.  The round trip to port would be the better part of a week, and as Josh pointed out in each of the last two episodes, the Coast Guard can't fly that far for a rescue (even if the weather was good).  Cornelia Marie went up there on an all-in bet and found the bio-mass.  Others in the fleet appear to be following on up the line (Southern Wind and now the Wizard), again to find the bio-mass.  Saga went the other way because Jake always starts being independent, and after an extended series of empty pots starts casting about for intel from other boats.

Brenna A is still in port??  Poor Sean.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, kassygreene said:

Saga went the other way because Jake always starts being independent, and after an extended series of empty pots starts casting about for intel from other boats.

Yes.  Saga did that in the earlier eps and was richly rewarded.  But, the narrative in this ep was that Jake had moved on (from where he was crushing it).  This made no sense to me.  He was setting to move with the biomass and it was working fantastically.  Then he arbitrarily went many miles away from that strategy?  It looked to me that he was merely continuing his earlier mode, which was paying off majorly.  

Basically, Disco narrative shenanigans at play.  

• Love 1