Type keyword(s) to search

I do wish Ann had been given more character development, and felt some things about her character were unrealistic. For instance, she was supposed to be a nurse, but had time for P&R shenanigans; the nurses I know of don't have such luxuries. I know all sitcoms tend to do this (Friends was the worst), but still.  It did become more realistic when she started working for City Hall, though, since that's presumably 9-5 and she could stop by the Parks Dept here and there.  But honestly, other than those things I loved her character. I found her friendship with Leslie far more realistic than most "best friends" on television and in movies (who don't really act any closer than friendly acquaintances would and only talk about guys and perfume), and I missed their friendship when the show started focusing more on her relationship with Chris and Leslie's relationship with Ben, even if it was sadly true to what often ends up happening.

Also, people say Ann doesn't have personality, but I'd argue that she does - it's just more subtle than the personalities of the rest of the cast, which I actually find refreshing. 

Edited by Azaelia
  • Love 3

I love Ann, and she had plenty personality in my opinion. She was this beautiful tropical fish/musk ox/rule-breaking moth, but she was also super awkward. She wasn't any better at making friends than the less beautiful people in the group. I like any characters that don't seem phony, and nothing about beautiful Ann was phony. 

• Love 1

I'm surprisingly excited for Angie Tribeca! I've always liked Rashida---or at least known I COULD really like her if she didn't play such (IMO) underwritten, blandly undefined characters (Ann Perkins and The Office's Karen). I've always loved mysteries/cop shows and things that shamelessly mock mysteries/cop shows, so this new show of hers should be right up my alley :)