Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Phase Six

I like the show. It doesn't strain my brain and is perfect light summer viewing. You can quibble about all the flaws but I really don't care.  I can sit back in my chair while working on my drawings while the show is on and I can follow the action. Besides the CO is rather good looking. I do love my eye candy.

While I generally enjoyed the show, I found it completely beyond belief that the captain would not have been briefed about the actual purpose of their mission.  If it was so incredibly important to have the scientist out there, and especially once the virus ramped up, there is no way the captain would not have been informed.  It would prevent things like the scientist wanting to stay when the captain called her in.

• Love 1

Go ahead!  Nuke London and Paris

Boom goes London

Boom Paree

More room for you

And more room for me

And every city all the world 'round

Will just be another American town....

With apologies to Randy Newman for "Political Science"

• Love 1

Uhura being gay to check off boxes? Sure-- haven't you heard the joke that went around about the original Uhura? "They combined their token negro with their token woman and made her a telephone operator". This is just the next logical step.

Anyway, of all the niggling details, the one that seemed least believable to me was that someone could use a satellite phonme inside the ship without the transmission being detected.